• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Obession Survey (meaningless but curiouser and curiouser)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Do you obsess?
what do you obsess about?
are you obsessing now?
if yes, what?
Do you obsess about things you hate or things you like?
Do people tell you to stop obsessing
have you ever been in denial about obsessing?

mine:
yes
anything and every thing
yes
about obsessing, and person i want to die
both
all the time
yes

Like I said I'm just curious if their are lot or few people

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am obsessed with the terrifying and overwhelming presence of monarch programming in pop culture.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, yes. I obsess about relationships, about energy, about the meaning of life, about fulfillment and actualization, about happiness, about success, about achievement, about comfort, and about injustice. Yes, I am obsessing now, and always. People don't tell me to stop explicitly, but I think sometimes they wonder why I think about these things so much. I'm not sure that I've been in denial, but I think I didn't always understand the extent to which I was obsessive. Maybe I still don't.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm obsessed with any given thing or person at any given time, but here's what I've learned: if you can learn to manage it, like you start asking yourself why you're obsessing or view it as a way to "chew on" a problem, then manage to create space to "let it go" for the answer...you can actually learn a lot about yourself and the world.

Some obsessions are just unhealthy, though, if you can't ask yourself why you're obsessing, or replaying scary or bad things over and over again in your mind, what you're practicing is fear. You fear letting anything go, and you may even have an unrealistic view of the person or event.

Obsession, just like any other personality trait, can be used for good or ill; anything you don't have mastery over, and can't use for edification or analysis or enjoyment in some form is going to be to your detriment.

Like if you keep ruminating about something you have no control over (world events) and it actually affects your quality of life, I would suggest turning off the television or to stop watching the news until you can become more centered and have more perspective about what's happening.

Obsession is often a loop that's trying to tell you something about yourself or something you need to learn, or something you feel strongly about.

On the other hand, obsessing on meaningless or harmful things is usually quantified as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can you just clarify if you meant in your post that you're obsessing about a person that you want to die? If so, I would strongly suggest you meditate upon love, acceptance, and forgiveness; obsessing about harming someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to get sick.

It can also be dangerous.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
obsession is apparently related to an imbalance of serotonin.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Can you just clarify if you meant in your post that you're obsessing about a person that you want to die?

when I posted, yes, but now a horribly disfiguring accident would do. plus haven't thought about said person much lately

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When people and relationships important to me are experiencing miscommunication and confusion, then I will obsess. I can obsess on projects I'm working on also.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my obsession is do lizards ever get drunk? I mean monkeys and elephants do, but what about lizards? I'm just worried that i'll come in contact with a drunk lizard and because alcohol makes one's reaction time slower it won't quickly run away and smooosh accidently