• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

problems accepting compliments graciously

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Oh, dear. I cannot recall ever having to field such an exchange. I guess I don't know enough ENFPs. I usually get vague and hyperbolic, if well-meaning, compliments about my intelligence, usually after doing something relatively trivial, like recovering the text from a pdf file.

The horror. Some of them are exceedingly flirtatious, in a good well-meaning way, ready to climb the vestiges of your defenses even if it meant their death. Their playful "loving shower" ways have nothing to do with my macabre ways.
I've never been in a relationship with an NFP who didn't have that side of her. I obviously have a type. A type that doesn't make sense. :facepalm:

Maybe you should allow Dreamer to be around you. He'll be more than glad to drive you nuts. Also, get a shotgun in case you need to scare him away.

Hey, watch the shoes!

*laughs*

Of course you'd understand me. It's like you're inside my head.

Wait a minute. What?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This was an interesting exercise in the giving and receiving of compliments. Notice how it made people's day, most of the time, and how beautiful they became when they genuinely smiled and how beautiful the experience of giving them that pleasure?

High school can be such a strange time for a lot of people. The insecurity of not feeling attractive compared to your peers, or like you’re not talented or athletic or popular as other kids...this video almost brought a tear to my eye as you can feel those honest emotions in these kids. Very powerful, and self evident of what simple words can do to someone else, either positive or negative.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The horror. Some of them are exceedingly flirtatious, in a good well-meaning way, ready to climb the vestiges of your defenses even if it meant their death. Their playful "loving shower" ways have nothing to do with my macabre ways.
I've never been in a relationship with an NFP who didn't have that side of her. I obviously have a type. A type that doesn't make sense. :facepalm:

Maybe you should allow Dreamer to be around you. He'll be more than glad to drive you nuts. Also, get a shotgun in case you need to scare him away.

Funny you should mention this...

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Compliments are grate thing if you want to encourage someone at work who has a lot of insecurity, it is grate for human hearing that he/she is grate on work, to praise his/her effort, to stand positive atmosphere where everything is going to take apart. Sometimes compliments is only thing what someone wants to hear from you. Generically , I accept compliment if this is something what I am, when I did something and I know it is grate and another case I just say "Thank you." to that person while on the same time I have backup in form of manipulation game. I think people become so sick to appreciate any small act of kindness and for this type is generally irrelevant. I see a lot of insecurity in people especially in the fields where suppose to be secure in themselves. Not everybody is destined to be a King. ;)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know I cannot. My mind is constantly thinking they are not honest, or I see too much imperfection in myself to deserve it.