• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you be friends with someone like Dexter?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I feel like turning him in would be the first thing to do. But then the police would have to go and investigate. And if he's smooth enough to not get caught, he's smooth enough to cover up his tracks once he realizes that the po-po are onto him. So they might not find anything, and I would have snitched for nothing. More than nothing.

He would also wonder who the hell ratted on him, and there's the chance that he'd find out that that it was me. We've already established that he's good at disposing of the evidence, so you can imagine what happens next...

So... I would probably turn him in. Shit's not morally cash, yo. If I die, well it was worth trying. If he's a good enough guy, I want him to try and get on the right path. Which involves not killing people.

But maybe, given his record, he'd be put to death. If he's my friend, I wouldn't want that. So... perhaps I'd sabotage his attempts to try and kill? But then again, he kills bad guys. But doesn't he kill rapists, too? I feel like those shouldn't be murdered.

I don't know. It's so gray.

H

Hate

I think he kills people, right?

I couldn't be complicit in that sort of thing. Not only would someone like that cease to be a friend of mine, but also I'd be forced to turn him in.

edit: oh, turns out he tries to kill bad people. My answer still stands

Now how about if it was your son that turned out to be like that, would you turn him in?

If Dexter himself was my friend.... now that's what I call a kiki, honey.

I can't seem to read this post without envisioning you doing two gay snaps....

G

garbage

Now how about if it was your son that turned out to be like that, would you turn him in?
What if it was my son, but also he was a leper? What if he was on fire? What if he was a leper and he was on fire?
:greatscott:
;)

I look at a family member as someone that I have an opportunity to be close to. Thus, I treat my immediate family as very close friends.

With people who are very, very close to me, such as a son, I'd imagine that I'd be more conflicted. I would likely have to turn them in, but I'd also hope that I could be there for them as they hopefully recover.