• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Race, Gender and Identity

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As as far as I'm concerned the Declaration of Independence is a prescriptive document as long as the USA continues to exist. I don't believe the constitution replaced the Declaration of Independence, but rather fulfilled the fundamental directives of the Declaration of Independence.
Do you still feel compelled to take up arms against Great Britain and throw off the yoke of the tyrannical King George? Yes, the desire for independence remains, but that was the origin of the document, not its result. (See how different people can interpret the same document differently? A great example of my point.)

No idea is synonymous with myself.
I am formerly asking you to stop criticising me as a person and start criticising my ideas.
We have been criticising your ideas, and since you don't equate your ideas with your self, your wish is already granted.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
So you are saying that the americans are committing a holocaust against the arabs and others right now?

Not Americans themselves, but guys at power in USA and in Western Europe - all of them may be called for simplicity Westernists (their ideology is close to fascism and philosophy to satanism). What they want - to keep planet's resources for golden billion only (up to 1.5 billion, not more) and keep at power current families. The main way for this they see is to sabotage other countries' development. Arabs are throwing now by Westernists to archaic islamism and economic regress, such organisations as Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Qaeda were created by Westernists and are under their control. These Arab hordes like it was been with Eastern Romanian Empire are planed to be send on war with Westernists' competitors (Russia, China, etc) - the aim is destruction and regression there. Humanism, liberalism, democracy - are planed to be removed from Western countries too (they already exist only formaly in much). And like it was when Westernists have grown German militarism 2 times in XX century to incite it to other countries to weak Germany itself and others countries including fastly developing Russia, today they want to use islamist Arab hordes as new Hitler. From historical point of view - Westernists want to remake feudalism with control upon whole Earth now, they do historical regression, they try to stop humanity from social evolution. They'll fail.
Today so called economic crysis - is artificial in much, it's aftereffects of preparation of changing the world - Westernists do concentration of capitals and hence power, also they take away power from other places (educational level lowers everywhere, for example) to reduce possibilities of resistance.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ironically I don't understand what exactly Mr. Popper is tolerant of if he is unwilling to accept people who disagree with him. To tolerate means that there must be something objectionable about that which you are nonetheless willing to co-exist with. What he's really out to do is create a singular society in a very deceitful way.
Objectionable != dangerous
Incitement to intolerant acts by an individual (I.e. advocating the execution or banishment of religious or ethnic groups) automatically disqualifies said individual from the privilege of having their presence tolerated and views respected. I don't think this is difficult to understand.
If you preach intolerance you will reap intolerance.

Please explain. I have a feeling you're implicitly referring to an alleged responsibility of ours to overcome any obstacle.
ummm. No...

Right. This was my point. Yet, the tendency to (even vaguely) anthropomorphize inanimate objects that lie in the natural world arises from subjective inclinations, which also compel us to implement justice and establish "rights" for objects (natural conservation, patents for inventions and biological properties like DNA and biologically based medical cures that are easily abstracted by the intellect, rightfully owned household pets that are legally protected, etc.). Our psychological proclivity to "battle", "otherize", and "dehumanize" things that aren't even human lends us the capacity to have complete tolerance for other human beings, based on the premise that we must "otherize" something while accepting another.

Does this make sense?
I think I understand what you are saying but disagree. This is just a matter of perspective. I don't think 'a tendency to anthropomorphise' is a valid criticism. We are instead, anthropocentric. Just because we claim a "right" to be human (or action, humane), does not make it exclusively so. Also this isn't just a matter of "subjective inclinations" or faulty reasoning. It is rooted in the capacity to empathise which is found in all higher social animals - even the ability to empathise across the species divide.

G

Ginkgo

ummm. No...

I think I understand what you are saying but disagree. This is just a matter of perspective. I don't think 'a tendency to anthropomorphise' is a valid criticism. We are instead, anthropocentric. Just because we claim a "right" to be human (or action, humane), does not make it exclusively so. Also this isn't just a matter of "subjective inclinations" or faulty reasoning. It is rooted in the capacity to empathise which is found in all higher social animals - even the ability to empathise across the species divide.

It wasn't really meant to be a criticism, just an additional take on the issue.