• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It seems that society just want us to live an ISTJ life

Mole

Permabanned
MBTI is apparently psychometrics for broke ass mother lovers and tight bastards.

Rather mbti is for those who believe the propaganda of mbti. It's cheap, low and easy. Mbti puts us into a trance where we believe we are in control when in fact we are being controlled. But that is what we secretly wish - we secretly wish to be controlled.

We wish to loose our dignity and self respect, but most of all we want to do it with others so we won't notice our loss of dignity and self respect.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed, yenom! I'm an INxP with absolutely no ability or intention to confirm to the ISTJ lifestyle, and I paid for that, amongst other examples, in math classes in school. There are rules as to not only what the correct answer is, but also to HOW you're supposed to find the right answers. I was usually right about the answers themselves, but my way of solving the problems was different from standard procedures, and so I was told I was wrong. UGH!

Mole

Permabanned
Agreed, yenom! I'm an INxP with absolutely no ability or intention to confirm to the ISTJ lifestyle, and I paid for that, amongst other examples, in math classes in school. There are rules as to not only what the correct answer is, but also to HOW you're supposed to find the right answers. I was usually right about the answers themselves, but my way of solving the problems was different from standard procedures, and so I was told I was wrong. UGH!

They were teaching you how to fit into an authoritarian society.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems that in this age, modern society just want us to live an ISTJ life. Obey society's rules and don't stir up any trouble, don't express any weirld thoughts. The government want us to fix into nice little boxes.
We have been programmed that way since in school. If we don't go to school and do our homework, we get punished. The same is true when we reach adulthood, if we don't go to work and follow a routine schedule. we get fired. Anyone who tries to break out of the ISTJ lifestyle will suffer severe consequences. No wonder most Ps end up sleeping in the streets or get laid off. Most SPs went to sell drugs or join the Mafia. The middle class is full of ISTJs who is afraid to take risks and worry they will be out of money.

When I first was learning about MBTI, I thought I might be an ISTJ. The conclusion I reached after a fair amount of consideration is that it was more socially acceptable to be an ISTJ than an INTJ and that society pressures the INTJ to act more ISTJ like. I felt that in some ways I was trying to be a person that I wasn't, beating myself up when I was unsuccessful. There are just a lot more sensors in the world and even among intuitives, Ni doms are rare. I essentially did not appreciate the different thought patterns I had - I thought they were flawed or at least less than optimally effective. Feeling like you know the answer and not being able to explain why or having the social finess to collaborate with others to work through it (and thus not being able to influence decisions) can be enormously frustrating. MBTI explained much such as why the people I went to grade school with seemed to be from a different planet. I thought most of them were clods - lacking in intelligence, maturity and judgment but apparently possessing much better social skills than I had.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
society isn't easy for ANYONE to fit in... and I really don't think that it's meant to be. When you combine the aggregate of what everyone is and everyone wants it becomes something that NOBODY is and it's not exactly what anyone wants. You say that society wants for you to be an ISTJ but ISTJs might find it to be the other way around.

:yes:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
try 7:30 to 6! :ninja:

of course I only work 4 days a week at that :laugh:

whole premise of the thread is ridiculous :shrug:

I'd totally work 7-6 if I could have a 4 day work week. I can't seem to get my boss on board though. :mad:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
society isn't easy for ANYONE to fit in... and I really don't think that it's meant to be. When you combine the aggregate of what everyone is and everyone wants it becomes something that NOBODY is and it's not exactly what anyone wants. You say that society wants for you to be an ISTJ but ISTJs might find it to be the other way around. (I've heard complaints that society keeps wanting one particular person to be less responsible! :laugh:)
I agree that an aggregate personality is a meaningless concept. Do you think, though, that everyone has equal difficulty (or ease) fitting into our society?

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And anyway, your interpretation of Se and Si seems to be wrong even on a stereotypical level. Se is movement...it's kinesthetic (more being in tune with ones' surroundings), while Si is detailed, perfect for dealing with minutiae (i.e., perfect for academics, being a detective, being in control of ones' surroundings.)

Mate, I know what the difference between Se and Si are. In either case, I might have been mistaken about Holmes.:shrug:

Edit: Whilst I know what the differences are, I should add that I remembered Holmes being closer to the former rather than to the latter, but perhaps I should start reading Doyle's works again.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd totally work 7-6 if I could have a 4 day work week. I can't seem to get my boss on board though. :mad:

Oh, I'm not complaining! 3 days off every week kicks ass! :holy:

I agree that an aggregate personality is a meaningless concept. Do you think, though, that everyone has equal difficulty (or ease) fitting into our society?

depends on how they deal with the expectations that are tossed at them- do they fight it? do they run from it? do they just sit back and let it wash over them? :huh:

there are countless expectations of everyone, ranging from gender stereotypes and racial stereotypes to religious laws and social niceties... there isn't a person alive who doesn't ruffle the feathers of someone or some group who won't put the effort in to make their lives more miserable, no matter how cookie cutter that person may appear to someone on this board

it's no easier for anyone than it is for anyone else- though the grass always looks greener on the other side :shrug:

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's odd, though, that while the xSxJs are the ones that keeps the wheels of society turning (gotta give them some credit, however much they usually annoy me), it's all the other types that either enrich the world (xSxP), ensure its progress (xNTx), or make it a better place (xNFx). All the types are needed for society to work well, but here's a message to the Guardians out there: If the other types didn't exist, there would be precious little for you to preserve. Imagine the world with no art, no excitement and no ways to enjoy life that a healthy Artisan could teach us, no clever devices, no ground-breaking theories, no new ideas to pursue due to the lack of creative Rationals, no helping hands, no people to talk to about your troubles, and none of the Idealists' compassion - what world would that be? It's great that we have Guardians that make sure that we don't get lost in the big bad world, but honestly, we wouldn't have moved past the Australopithecus stadium (Australopithecus = first human-like ape) without the rest of us.

I get that they're not, like, chasing us or trying to force us into hiding or something equally terrible, but they should think twice before insisting on making us ISTJs like themselves. They're where they are because of us, and without us, they would stay there forever. Give that some thought, dear Guardians! ;)

G

garbage

If there were no stability, there'd be no foundation to grow upon.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's true, so all of the types depend on one another. No type should be valued more than the rest.