• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It seems that society just want us to live an ISTJ life

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What you mean is, society wants you to be an obedient drone.

Enough people have made that point in the past without referencing typology.

whatever, you aren't contributing shit except playing devil's advocate.

My premise: Society want us to live an ISTJ life
your assumption: ISTJ are mindless slaves
Your conclusion: society want us to be mindless slaves

you made that assumption and conclusion yourself. I didn't imply any of that.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Mbti can't measure the personality of one person, never mind a whole society.

generally it can be assumed that the "masses" are ISTJs, skeptical and risk averse. Of course , that is only based on my very limited observation and experience.

Type is only a tool for understanding people. To understand people you have to make assumptions.

But then I do feel contempt for ISTJs Failure is wasting your whole life doing what other people tells you what to do and unable to follow your dream, and its seems they are the ones most likely to go that direction. There is no bigger failure than wasting than your life and live in doubt and fear.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
whatever, you aren't contributing shit except playing devil's advocate.

My premise: Society want us to live an ISTJ life
your assumption: ISTJ are mindless slaves
Your conclusion: society want us to be mindless slaves

you made that assumption and conclusion yourself. I didn't imply any of that.

Then in the very next post:

generally it can be assumed that the "masses" are ISTJs, skeptical and risk averse.

:doh:

My point: you are using "ISTJ" as a shorthand for a set of characteristics, which are cultural and have ntohing to do with MBTI.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read it in a book called How To Think Like Sherlock Holmes, its consistent with what Jung thought about Sensing.

Interesting. I'll look into the book.

I'm quite certain the Holmes was a sensor indeed (or would be if he were real), but he seems to use it mainly in an extroverted way with his constant awareness of his environment and many other things I can't name as I haven't read any stories in a while. I'm quite sure he was ISTP, but Doyle based him on two of his friends/acquaintances (if I remember correctly), so he would probably carry traits from people with different types.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
And where is the Ni?

All of the innovation and push toward progress. We also have a strong, strong fantasy aspect to our culture.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Oh I don't know.

I do alright. Just don't ask me to DO anything per se and we'll get along fine.

All of the innovation and push toward progress. We also have a strong, strong fantasy aspect to our culture.

Ive always thought that was more Ne and so did Isabel Briggs-Myers. See how I looked up to authority there? You could all learn a thing or two from that.

Excuse me a second I have to go dodge an opportunity and take a nip down Riskadverse alley.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Anytime you want to stop using an MBTI type as a put down, that'd be great.

Office-Space-Boss.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
generally it can be assumed that the "masses" are ISTJs, skeptical and risk averse. Of course , that is only based on my very limited observation and experience.

Type is only a tool for understanding people. To understand people you have to make assumptions.

But then I do feel contempt for ISTJs Failure is wasting your whole life doing what other people tells you what to do and unable to follow your dream, and its seems they are the ones most likely to go that direction. There is no bigger failure than wasting than your life and live in doubt and fear.

This is pure fantasy. If we are interested in measuring our personality, we pay a qualified Psychmetrician to apply a reliable and valid psychometric test, then to interpret the results for us.

Mbti is astrology for the college educated or perhaps it is psychometrics in bad faith.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess I should turn in my SP card... While I didn't conform to a 9-5 job, I do work a 7-4 job... And I am not a morning person at all. So I think that classifies me as conforming to the norm... But, you gotta do what you gotta do. :shrug: If I get laid off I'm screwed, I don't know anything about drugs or the mafia. :cry:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
7-4 rather than 9-5? No, that's not what the masses want you to do. Sorry, but you're pretty much screwed.

9-5 sounds heavenly compared to 7-4... That's an extra two hours of sleep. :happy2:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Interesting. I'll look into the book.

I'm quite certain the Holmes was a sensor indeed (or would be if he were real), but he seems to use it mainly in an extroverted way with his constant awareness of his environment and many other things I can't name as I haven't read any stories in a while. I'm quite sure he was ISTP, but Doyle based him on two of his friends/acquaintances (if I remember correctly), so he would probably carry traits from people with different types.

I read that book, too, and I agree with [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] that Holmes is indeed an ISTJ. In fact, that entire character type (which shows up in pretty much every noir film) is basically an ISTJ.

And anyway, your interpretation of Se and Si seems to be wrong even on a stereotypical level. Se is movement...it's kinesthetic (more being in tune with ones' surroundings), while Si is detailed, perfect for dealing with minutiae (i.e., perfect for academics, being a detective, being in control of ones' surroundings.)

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
If we are interested in measuring our personality, we pay a qualified Psychmetrician to apply a reliable and valid psychometric test, then to interpret the results for us.

Mbti is astrology for the college educated or perhaps it is psychometrics in bad faith.

I bolded the key difference.

MBTI is apparently psychometrics for broke ass mother lovers and tight bastards.

Excluding myself, évidemment

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I bolded the key difference.

MBTI is apparently psychometrics for broke ass mother lovers and tight bastards.

Excluding myself, évidemment

Unless you want to reach the higher levels of enlightenment, and then the checkbooks must come out :ninja:

not to accidentally draw parallels :laugh: