• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you feel about eccentricity?

Permabanned
Well it is only just that. If that line is crossed then it becomes something else. You have to clarify what you mean, though. This is important.

I wouldn't call any kind of invasion an eccentricity. (with 'invasion' meaning something other than "being different and in the same room")

Then we're on the same page.
:drwho:

Mole

Permabanned
I adore 'eccentricity' and those who refuse to conform. I collect them as friends, partially because I am one of them.

Of course I adore eccentricity myself because I am one of them, hey, one of us.

And we are attracted to each other partly because we are socially excluded by the conformists. So we start off having that in common, being socially excluded.

But what is interesting is that our government has a Minister for Social Inclusion. But what I note is that being socially included means imitating the conformists. And the worst mistake a genuine eccentric can make is to mimic conformists, for then the eccentric looses their spontaneity.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
to quote [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION]- who gives a fuck? :huh:

though if you're just doing it for attention, you're pretty fucking pathetic :shrug:

My rule of thumb is that if it's worthwhile, it will continue to be so when nobody is watching.

Attention is tricky though because these things seem to draw attention and the attention is some times not good, which is why at times it can be a thing worth fighting for. It's obviously important enough to survive naysayers.

So if everybody is gone and you're still doing it, I'd say you're good to go and Bob's your uncle.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My rule of thumb is that if it's worthwhile, it will continue to be so when nobody is watching.

Attention is tricky though because these things seem to draw attention and the attention is some times not good, which is why at times it can be a thing worth fighting for. It's obviously important enough to survive naysayers.

So if everybody is gone and you're still doing it, I'd say you're good to go and Bob's your uncle.

so, who you are in the dark... always a good rule :newwink:

Mole

Permabanned
We socially exclude the eccentric by moralising about eccentricity.