• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I A Narcissist?

Is FireShield a Narcissist?

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say yes. You seem to have a very unhealthy sense of entitlement.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'd say yes. You seem to have a very unhealthy sense of entitlement.

I guess. It's more of my grandiose, self-centered fantasies that made me originally think I was a narcissist.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know. You created a thread asking this question, so I'm going to say yes. I'm not even going to look at that video.

G

Glycerine

EDIT: I am not sure... if you relate to it, there is a higher likelihood that you are one.

Mole

Permabanned
Narcissus and the Net

I more interesting question is, do I live in a narcissistic society?

Am I told from dawn to dusk that I should buy 'because you deserve it'.

Do our schools boost self esteem, that is, how others see us, but ignore self respect, ie, how we see ourself.

Does your State have a 'Commission for Self Esteem' like California?

Do we obsess with our personality on mbti?

Or are we caught up in the emedia looking at ourselves, hypnotised by our own reflection on the net, just as Narcissus was hypnotised by his own reflection in the pond, not recognising that it is a reflection of ourself, and making the mistake of Narcissus and falling in love with such a beautiful person.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
NiFi-heavy cognition is often very narcissistic.

It's because those are the two most subjective functions.

As such, when one is engaging in it, one is valuing one's self over the external world to the greatest (functional) degree.

(That being said, FiSi-heavy cognition can be almost as bad [the comparative flightiness of fancy of Ni makes NiFi worse tho].)

Mole

Permabanned
For those of you that know what I'm like (mainly those who participated in the Shyness thread), what do you think?

First of all, I must say that I relate a LOT to this:
http://www1.appstate.edu/~hillrw/Narcissism/shycovertnarcissist.html

Also, this can somewhat be related to how I was with the Shyness thread:

There is the narcissistic personality and the Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

The narcissistic personality is simply a personality, while Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a psychosis.

So a narcissistic personality is in touch with reality, while someone with a Narcissist Personality Disorder is out of touch with reality.

And narcissistic personalities are often very successful, for instance, many are CEOs, while those with Narcissistic Personality Disorder lead unsuccessful lives.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have traits, you have others too though, try to work on the positives and not focus on the negatives. For example, i believe you could make a very attentive boyfriend/partner/husband. Maybe you could make some boundaries for yourself, set some limits, that could be helpful.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I more interesting question is, do I live in a narcissistic society?

Am I told from dawn to dusk that I should buy 'because you deserve it'.

Do our schools boost self esteem, that is, how others see us, but ignore self respect, ie, how we see ourself.

Does your State have a 'Commission for Self Esteem' like California?

Do we obsess with our personality on mbti?

Or are we caught up in the emedia looking at ourselves, hypnotised by our own reflection on the net, just as Narcissus was hypnotised by his own reflection in the pond, not recognising that it is a reflection of ourself, and making the mistake of Narcissus and falling in love with such a beautiful person.

+1

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
There is the narcissistic personality and the Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

The narcissistic personality is simply a personality, while Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a psychosis.

So a narcissistic personality is in touch with reality, while someone with a Narcissist Personality Disorder is out of touch with reality.

And narcissistic personalities are often very successful, for instance, many are CEOs, while those with Narcissistic Personality Disorder lead unsuccessful lives.

So I might have a narcissistic personality without having NPD?

I recently watched a documentary about the guy in the video. He is a certified psychopath, and not, as he hoped to be as well, a narcissist.

I thought you were joking at first, but then I looked it up. Lol, good thing I stopped watching those videos a while ago.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I might have a narcissistic personality without having NPD?

I thought you were joking at first, but then I looked it up. Lol, good thing I stopped watching those videos a while ago.

Got links?

Lark

If you are you're not alone, I've seen a lot of similar posting and perspective, here and elsewhere online.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14637]FireShield98[/MENTION], is it alright if I ask if you are a teenager?

Teenagers are still in a stage of developing a sense of self psychologically and there are even portions of the brain that are still developing into one's 20s. It would take a rather extreme case of self-focus to be considered a narcissist when that young. Grandiose thinking, an almost cartoon concept of reality, black-and-white thinking, an inability to fully empathize are all issues that many pre-adults face. For example, many times a teenager who practices music really hard wants to be a "concert pianist" or a "famous rock star" which are grandiose concepts and extremely unlikely they will achieve it, but still, their conception of reality is simpler, nearer to self than when people mature and see a bigger picture. Someone older with the same viewpoint would be more likely to have an actual psychological issue.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=14637]FireShield98[/MENTION], is it alright if I ask if you are a teenager?

Teenagers are still in a stage of developing a sense of self psychologically and there are even portions of the brain that are still developing into one's 20s. It would take a rather extreme case of self-focus to be considered a narcissist when that young. Grandiose thinking, an almost cartoon concept of reality, black-and-white thinking, an inability to fully empathize are all issues that many pre-adults face. For example, many times a teenager who practices music really hard wants to be a "concert pianist" or a "famous rock star" which are grandiose concepts and extremely unlikely they will achieve it, but still, their conception of reality is simpler, nearer to self than when people mature and see a bigger picture. Someone older with the same viewpoint would be more likely to have an actual psychological issue.

Technically yes, legally no (I'm 18).

I guess that makes sense. I don't think I'm a narcissist as much anymore as I did when I made this thread (in January), and even then I thought I might be a narcissist, though I wasn't sure. However, I still identify a lot with the description in that link in my first post.

The thing is though, my "grandiose fantasies" are often of things that I would never be able to achieve. I'm able to recognize this though, and never think I'll actually be able to do it (a few years ago, this was not the case). Now I mainly just use the grandiose fantasies as a way to relieve stress, or even give me motivation for things I actually can do (for example, when I was younger, I used to say that I wanted to conquer the world - and actually had serious aspirations to do so eventually - but now I've decided to some day write a book series where the plot is world domination - as in, the heroes are the ones conquering the world; please note that I don't think world domination is a good thing anymore, just that it would make for an interesting book series).

Lark

The best writing I've read on this topic suggest that narcissists are highly deluded individuals with very, very poor self concepts, who deploy a phony larger than life and demanding self concept to cover, if any of their audience or others they are attached to get close to suspecting or knowing the truth and they feel they have a crisis occurs involving the reassertiong of the "uber self lie" and if the other tolerates and affirms it a kind of positive reassurance is provided that the lie is reality.

Although its likely to be a problem later in life and correspond to terrible beginnings in life, basic anxiety/attachment trauma early in life and then repeated throughout life without intervention or any other reparative remedy.

I think a far more cognent question to ask, one everyone could ask, is are you selfish? If you are is it in a really unhealthy as opposed to enlightened self interest way?