• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How comfortable are you in a group conversation vs. one on one?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm awkward in both, but I'm definitely more comfortable in one-on-one conversations.

Group conversations are the bane of my social existence. I either let everyone keep talking to the point where I'm completely left out and extremely bored, so then I escape the world into my own thoughts where I end up observing and ultimately judging all the people around me, OR I keep attempting to insert myself, openly seeking and demanding attention. The latter is a lot less common than the former, but when it happens, it's pretty disgusting.

One-on-one conversations have the potential to be quite nice, if I am interested in whomever I am talking to. I have the opportunity to ask any questions I see fit, and take time to answer whatever I'm asked. I also have a better ability to focus on whatever my conversation partner is saying. However, it's nerve-wracking because there's a lot more pressure on me to be interesting. There's also the chance that I'll be stuck having to talk to a boring person, but that's not as big of a problem since I'd just end up ignoring them.