• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For those who like Japanese animes...

Seether

MBTI Type
INFJ
More specifically for those who know the serie "Serial Experiments: Lain"... What type do you think Lain is? And what about the other 3 members of her family? I'm still wondering... Hope at least someone knows what I'm talking about, otherwise forgive me and delete this topic. :)

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Lain was actually three different personalities, none of which clearly fit an MBTI type.

I'm going to see if I can find a reference for you.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
From Wikipedia:

Mental illness in general, and specifically Dissociative identity disorder is a significant theme in Lain:[29] she is constantly confronted with alter-egos, to the point where writer Chiaki Konaka and Lain's seiyū Kaori Shimizu had to agree on subdividing the character's dialogues between three different orthographs.[29] The three names designate distinct "versions" of Lain: the real-world, "childish" Lain has a shy attitude and bear pajamas. The "advanced" Lain, her Wired personality, is bold and questioning. Finally, the "evil" Lain is sly and devious, and does everything she can to harm Lain or the ones close to her.[19] As a writing convention, the authors spelled their respective names in kanji, katakana, and roman characters (see picture).[34]

I would classify the "real-world" lain as an introverted thinker. Beyond that I'm unsure.
I would classify the "wired" lain also as a thinker. Beyond that I'm unsure.
The audience does not see enough of the "evil" lain to get a good impression.