• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

stupid people

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm talking people who have high school diplomas and work histories and such who can't pass a fucking matching test or can't figure out how to fill out a form that instructs you how to fill it out explicitly on it :doh:

I suck at filling out forms but I was good with a forklift. It's a different skill set.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're mostly hiring people for sorting and picking... Unfortunately not for driving :(

and these forms guide you as to what to do... Even I could figure them out and I'm notoriously good at skipping the line that asks for my name :laugh:

just watched someone drive over a no parking sign arriving... This looks like fun coming in! Glad I'm on break! :devil:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're mostly hiring people for sorting and picking... Unfortunately not for driving :(

Sorting and picking was really boring. Later I graduated to developing and supporting systems that ran the order pass and shipping. It was a better fit for my talents really. I still remember when orders was down and there would be this big crowd of managers and directors standing around my desk while this 24 year old (me) was calmly working to fix it. I guess they were supervising.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This happened a few years ago but it still stands out as to how dumb people can be.
At work, I had someone ask me how they could access the computers in the library. I told him that he needed to have a valid library card. Back then our computers still had floppy drives, so the man sticks his library card inside the floppy drive, thinking that he will magically gain access.

True story!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This happened a few years ago but it still stands out as to how dumb people can be.
At work, I had someone ask me how they could access the computers in the library. I told him that he needed to have a valid library card. Back then our computers still had floppy drives, so the man sticks his library card inside the floppy drive, thinking that he will magically gain access.

True story!

I really wish that people would ask for instructions sometimes! :doh:

AND I really wish I'd seen that :rofl1:

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1

True story!
:rotfl: It is truly sad that people actually would do that, however, I am going to take a minute to laugh my a** off because it is funny too! :rofl1: :rotfl: :rofl1:

G

garbage

When someone doesn't live up to basic expectations, of course we're taken aback; we're incredulous; we're baffled; and so we naturally judge. Fine; it's how we work.

But we ought to ask ourselves some questions: What are basic life skills that we should expect everyone to know? What skills are required for the job that we're hiring for, or for the task that we expect a particular person to perform? Those will adjust our expectations to a more.. well, useful level.

On "that life skills part"--we're kinda naive. The fiancee never learned how to ride a bike, because she's from Africa and it's simply not a thing that they do. Upon learning this, my 12-year-old-niece burst into laughter, thinking it was absolutely impossible for anyone to be so stupid.

:popc1:

True story!
Granted, these exist:
CAC_Reader_TN.jpg

They're computer devices that you mash your ID card into and magically gain access to stuff. They're even built into many keyboards. We use them all the time.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I really wish that people would ask for instructions sometimes! :doh:

AND I really wish I'd seen that :rofl1:

Even when they do, that doesn't mean they understand the process. Some times you can get by with that (not understanding the process) and other times it will bite you.

I had a hard time training people to use phase gauges and runout gauges because they wanted to look for specific numbers on the dial since they didn't understand what they were actually looking for and why - you can't pay attention to what the numbers are, you had to pay attention to the difference in the readings because the gauge is calibrated but the part and maybe even the table or clamp is not, and badly warped parts give vastly different initial readings anyway so you have to find only the degree that the part is out of phase or how much it is wobbling so you know how much of an adjustment to make to it.