• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Short form's 370 questions, which is still a lot. 50-100 questions is my limit. ;)

I've already stated the point of this thread earlier:

:shrug:

I don't think you're going to accomplish anything like that here. It would be best to see a professional if you are concerned.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be best to see a professional if you are concerned.
He's been there, done that, didn't like the diagnosis...
Once again you have proven to me that you're arrogant - making a conclusion (actually two conclusions, but the first one's just plain ignorance of what I've said) for me without any knowledge about it. Anyway, if you continue posting in my threads, stop being arrogant and start being open-minded - discussing the stuff you "accuse" me of instead of avoiding talking about them after stating them.
Truth hurt?
I'll post whenever and wherever I like and you'd better stop insulting me/accusing me of your own faults (as you did to your mother and indeed as you do all the damn time). It's getting old. And mental illness isn't permitted as an excuse for that sort of thing on this forum.

Yet again, it's obvious you don't really want any of the answers you're getting, and, frustratingly for you, you aren't getting your ego massaged by anyone. This is a pattern that will repeat and repeat... ad nauseum.

Mole

Permabanned
The symptoms mentioned are not the symptoms of a mental illness, rather it seems we are being treated to a stalking horse, but we have no idea what or who we are stalking or why.

G

Ginkgo

Since some members have mentioned doubts about my mental well-being, this thread is here to find out if they are right or not. Note that this thread is here to discuss it.

Things that were mentioned that I can remember instantly:

• Not wanting hair in my food
  • Not using keyboard with greasy/sause-y fingers/not taking door handles with greasy/sause-y hands, etc..
  • Wanting my food to be intact.
  • Wanting not the cheapest kind of food that tastes like shit (quality food).

I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of those points. So, if there is something else, do mention it. If you disagree and say "Bullshit! Those points mean you're a mental!" tell me why.

ADDITIONS FROM REPLIES:

1. I make funny grammatical errors - English is not my native language and I don't live in an English-speaking country. Even native speakers do make mistakes. [MENTION=9627]Chawie[/MENTION]
2. I see preoccupied with my food because what I eat is cheap, tastes like shit and I bet half of it's toxic. Money issues. [MENTION=9627]Chawie[/MENTION]

Do you think you have NPD?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm not concerned as reasons weren't provided nor they are provided in a thread dedicated to providing them. If there is no reason behind an argument, I don't see that argument as a valid argument, regardless of what that argument is about.

I'm still hoping that I WILL receive more info on those claims. I honestly thought that this thread would be successful, I thought that Arkigos would be the first to pitch in.
Do whatever you want. All I'm saying is that this thread didn't look like it was going to go anywhere from the beginning.

He's been there, done that, didn't like the diagnosis...
Ahh...my bad. I haven't read the whole thread.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The symptoms mentioned are not the symptoms of a mental illness, rather it seems we are being treated to a stalking horse, but we have no idea what or who we are stalking or why.
Time to call Jamie.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An answer that may do no good (but is worth a shot -- and I'll leave the thread if it makes no difference):

Firstly, I'm going to agree with most other earlier quotes in the thread, by saying that the thread concept is silly and isn't going to go anywhere. Most of us share the same opinion: that yes, you seem to have some mentally unhealthy traits/tendencies, and those tendencies have been shown to you as evidence, but you argue with the direct evidence. Not only that, but you've been diagnosed as "very clearly" something, but you reject that diagnosis. Rejecting a professional's diagnosis is a pretty big warning sign for most observers, because doing so is such a stretch of the imagination, and defies Occam's Razor. In other words: the only way a conversation can go on, about this, is if there's credible competing evidence -- which you don't have.

Secondly, I think that it makes little to no sense to start a thread asking for people's input on your mental health, when you are openly withholding the most important information you have on it: your "reason" for appearing narcissistic. Unless you explain that to the forum, then the forum will assume that you display narcissistic traits because you're a narcissist. Assuming otherwise is illogical, or at the very least a big stretch of the imagination.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Once again, that wasn't my mom. Whoever thought of that. :doh:

Well I can attempt to summarize the situation, but if there's no reasons behind the points in the summary, it's likely to going to be unbelievable, nor is it going to be clear. I will be either asked to elaborate on them (which would unravel to the whole story) or I would be challenged by assumptions, which would challenge me to elaborate on the points. So however I see this, the outcome isn't a good one, therefore I'm not going to summarize it.

The conclusion of the story/summary would be this: I haven't met many people, therefore I haven't met anyone who I'd consider worth caring about, and I don't care about someone just because it's family, I look at the personality and actions.
Sounds like the only thing that would make that a bad outcome, would be being forced to give more information to the forum. And even a non-Ti-user such as myself can attest that having information that's as close to complete as possible, is the only way to give an educated opinion. Maybe it's because I like answering questions about myself, that I don't see that as such a problem. :shrug:

And if we on the forum, looking from an objective outsider's (skeptical) point of view, are going to make the most scientific and accurate assessment of you as we can, then there's no way we can trust your summary. Summaries are inherently skewed, and yours could be leaving out important data.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Once again, that wasn't my mom. Whoever thought of that.
Apart from everyone who read the thread, you mean?
It's impossible to believe you at this point. There is no one in your life that you care about, and you don't know anyone apart from family, so who else could this woman (that you describe in such minute detail and with whose son you empathise so much) possibly be?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't feel like typing a very long wall of text, I already do type pretty long messages sometimes. Answering random questions about the way you think is different, at least to me it is. I wouldn't mind answering questions in the way you do, but that's not the case here. If I feel like it, I will, but I don't think I will anytime soon, or most likely at all. I feel like typing very long messages when I'm in a philosophical mood, which can be caused by an interesting article or a certain conversation with someone.

I understand that, that's why there's the second column. My response towards someone else would likely be the same. ;)
Well, there's not much I can say, but that unless there's more info to discuss, then discussion isn't going to happen in this thread. People are going to discuss based on the information that they have, and what little they have available to them isn't all that promising -- as far as I know. (Especially not promising since you haven't answered that question about seeking a professional opinion, yet.)

I don't see this thread doing anything except crashing and burning, so consider this my official advice:
1) Bail out of this thread while you still can; and
2) Consider the opinions of professionals to be superior to those of people on this forum. Most of us are armchair psychologists, doing this for fun in our spare time, without a degree in it or any sort of professional experience. We don't have the credentials you need.

p.s. What second column? :huh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, many doesn't mean any. Once again, you are assuming, same as you're assuming "everyone." Also don't know now doesn't mean didn't know earlier. And not knowing in real life doesn't mean not knowing online. Not knowing online doesn't mean didn't know online. :D
Which question? I haven't sought a professional opinion, nor will I. I don't think that there's something wrong with me, and I have read info about NPD recently as well.
Here's the thing:

1) You obviously want to know what people think about your mental health, or else you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place.
2) The best and most accurate way to diagnose yourself, is with a professional.

If you're curious, why not use the best method, instead of this incredibly sub-par one?
I think advice 1) is pretty good. I'll see where this thread takes me... At least at the moment. So far, I've accomplished 2 things with this thread:

1. Got a pretty good image about Salome.
2. Cleared up the confusion about food.
2.1. Found out that pancakes aren't as greasy elsewhere. :D
This is why I think you're an Ni-user! :laugh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Curious what (and more importantly why!) people who actually mentioned thinking something that is inconsistent with what I think think is different from curious if I may have mental trouble. ;)
^ I'm incredibly confused by your sentence structure here.

But if I'm understanding you correctly, then either you're evading my logic, or you didn't actually start this thread because you were curious about what others thought about your mental health. Which begs the question: why the hell did you start this thread, anyway??

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let me rephrase that then: I am curious about why the statements in other threads, regarding my mental health, were made - what caused the people to think that. I am not, however, doubting my mental health.

That should be clearer. ;)
It is indeed! :)

And with that, I bid this thread farewell. I don't really have any evidence for you, since I haven't followed your posts very closely, so I don't have anything on-topic to contribute. :shrug:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Families are big - aunts, uncles, cousins, step-cousins, step-brothers, brothers, sisters, friends' moms, dads, uncles, etc., I could go on for a long time here, and even longer if I'd google the family position titles in English.

Also, many doesn't mean any. Once again, you are assuming, same as you're assuming "everyone." Also don't know now doesn't mean didn't know earlier. And not knowing in real life doesn't mean not knowing online. Not knowing online doesn't mean didn't know online. :D
You're being evasive. If it were an aunt you'd write "Type my Aunt" as you wrote "Type my Grandfather". Do you honestly think you're persuading anyone with this BS? Perhaps you've managed to persuade yourself that she's not your mother and your real parents are from a distant galaxy? It wouldn't surprise me.

However, I'm feeling kind of sorry for you now, so I'll let you get back to your fantasy that this thread has been anything other than a car crash.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then enlighten us, or continue to deflect/project. Makes no difference to me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But this isn't about me. I cant have a discussion with someone who evades answering every question and/or outright lies.

Enlighten us, or continue to deflect/project.