• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

scared of dying

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
anyone else afraid they're going to die in the next several days?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No purplz, because i do not fear death so much as i fear the impact that would have on the people left behind. Death itself does not frighten me.

I have been getting severe headaches when i wake in the mornings about two or three times a week for the last few months and my paranoid self says...brain tumour! Haha, but it's highly unlikely.
Thoughts like these are really fine to have if you do not dwell on them. It's when it becomes obsessive that it is a problem.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got my palm read when I was ten years old and was told I'd live into my 90s. I took it as fact.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Captain obvious here....but everyone fears death. Cliche...but not untrue.

Most people have that moment at 2am where they touch their beating heart, listen to their breathing and wonder what really does happen? And can we really deny what our rationality tells us must be true? That we are nothing more than the sum of our physical being, that once everything fails and breaks down, (which it will eventually), there is nothing else.

Literally we are flesh and bone, but a large part of life is spent supressing this for ease of living and hope, because without that delusion we would do nothing with our lives.

But like Helen said, ive often thought about those left behind and how tragic it is for them too. I suppose at the core of my beliefs....there is one word: despair.

Not that I am miserable as such, but that deep inside what I truely believe in is nothing and that this is where all things go to in the ultimate end. But that's probably because of the limit of my vision, which was never particularly far reaching in the first place.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I heard a voice say to me last night "I will kill you"

Hon, this is a sign that you need to look after your health, not that someone is going to kill you... :hug:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It depends how you are going to die whether peacefully or in agony and it is because some deaths are agonizing as well as lives that I believe the Universe is anything from indifferent and neutral to hostile and evil.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Do you believe every little voice you hear?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have any reason to fear death arriving any time soon at this point in time. But dying is the last thing I want to do.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I heard a voice say to me last night "I will kill you"

This is why I'm scared to smoke salvia anymore. There's this guy I always see, he is like a sentry or something, and he told me if he ever saw me again he was going to kill me. Sure, I smoked the stuff a couple more times even after that, but I just made sure to try to hide from the guy. Can only be lucky for so long though.

As for the thread: I'm not so scared of dying as long as it is quick and painless. I actually want it. This morning laying in bed in despair I realized that having the thought "I can't take another second of this" is not at all remarkable, as I've had it countless times now and I always survived for much more time. Anyway, dying isn't the least bit scary when your life is utterly destroyed. Just pain.