• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

anyone ever get confused about where they are?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't mean lost, i mean like for example 2-3 months ago i thought i was in africa (never been to africa) and than the other night i thought my room was on the street in between some shops in london (I like in the U.S.) and anyone could come in and watch me sleep, i was particularly scared of a little boy who was 8 coming in and seeing me naked so i couldn't sleep. is this normal?

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once I woke up in my then-boyfriend's bed and I was confused and panicked. I was like, "OMG! Where is this? Where the hell am I?!" I wasn't even drunk or anything the night before.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh i don't mean when you're just waking up, i know that's a fairly common thing, i mean i've been awake a few hours and it happens. but yeah it's still scary regardless to wake up confused.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Being confused like that only happens when i have a fever, i don't think it should happen in normal circumstances. For instance id stay still in my bed for hours because if i moved i would lose my human form.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
totally normal! happens to be a couple times a day!
huhhhhhh???? whattttt???????

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely normal immediately after waking up (or maybe under the influence of a fever and/oder medication/drugs). Definitely not normal when wide awake.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Happens all the time, I travel often between 3 cities, and I´m like geez where is that picture? Where is my girlfriend? Where is my wallet? Why do I have this blanket?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I usually only forget where I am or how I got there. Some times I notice that where I am is not where I think I should be also.

I've not had a situation where I see things as different than they are though, not while fully awake anyway.

It used to stress me out but I've actually become pretty adaptable because of it.

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
I always know where I am. I keep myself grounded. I cannot relate to the OP even in the slightest.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This sounds like serious disorientation which might be a symptom, prpl. Is this new or has it been happening for a long time? How often does it occur? Have you observed any correlation with the use or disuse of meds?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
This sounds like serious disorientation which might be a symptom, prpl. Is this new or has it been happening for a long time? How often does it occur? Have you observed any correlation with the use or disuse of meds?

it happened first 2-3 months ago and happened again a few days later than not again until recently but it only lasts a few hours at most.so sporadicly

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it started 2-3 months ago and happened again recently but it only lasts a few hours at most.

Ok. It might be a good idea to mention that to your doctor the next time you see her if she doesn't know already.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ok. It might be a good idea to mention that to your doctor the next time you see her if she doesn't know already.

yeah will do, i'm just worried it happening and me acting on it, so far i haven't acted never said a word to anyone while it was happening, because i wasn't 100% sure but what if i'm 100% wrong instead of only 50-75% wrong and i do mention something?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you often doubt what is what after these phases or is it usually clear immediately afterwards that it was an illusion?

Also, if it really happened there is no harm in mentioning it casually ("hey, did you just see that?", "do you remember x?"). If they look at you as if you had just declared that you have been to the moon and back you have confirmation. It could also be helpful to have someone you trust know about this in case you act on one of these visions/hallucinations/dreamlike states. That way when they see you drifting off they can make sure you don't do anything harmful.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you often doubt what is what after these phases or is it usually clear immediately afterwards that it was an illusion?

Also, if it really happened there is no harm in mentioning it casually ("hey, did you just see that?", "do you remember x?"). If they look at you as if you had just declared that you have been to the moon and back you have confirmation. It could also be helpful to have someone you trust know about this in case you act on one of these visions/hallucinations/dreamlike states. That way when they see you drifting off they can make sure you don't do anything harmful.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

i usually know but sometimes i don't.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I didn't tell my therapist today because it was a family session, and i don't feel comfortable with my family knowing. they do they know something is up because everyone agreed that i was low functioning and possibly going through an episode (though i don't know if they agreed on the last part) but i was in denial about my functioning and illness. but i do think its a way for them to control me for a revolution and be brain washed to fight on the wrong side.