• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing yourself

T

The Iron Giant

Wow, I'm impressed. Good for you!

Thanks!

I had an ISTJ man tell me that they feel sorry for me saying, "The world has been tough on you." I was deeply hurt by this and felt humiliated because it seems he must just feel pity for me. Should I see/take what he had said to me in this way?

Only he knows exactly how he meant that, unless you asked. This may just be his way of saying he feels hurt on your behalf. I don't see that as the same thing as pity, it's empathy, which means that he cares about you. I would consider that by "I feel sorry for you" he may be trying to express that, "you didn't deserve these circumstances because you are better than that." Either way, I suggest telling him how it sounded when he said that and ask him to elaborate. Unless you explained it, he may have no idea that your feelings are hurt.