• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

writing i waant to commit suicide and am depressed on facebook

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
screw this thread. most people should not say things ever. both people who post these things on facebook nor the people judging.
Exchanging opinions is always OK. Spamming is never OK. If you don't like this, then why are you reading it? Your comment added at most zero value to this thread.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Exchanging opinions is always OK. Spamming is never OK. If you don't like this, then why are you reading it? Your comment added at most zero value to this thread.
every time i read any fucking thread on suicide it makes me angry because most people don't actual get it, yet they think they do. which is why i said people should keep their god damn mouth shut

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it was indeed an exaggerated example (or at least for "normal" people) so I replaced it with a more general explanation.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depression doesn't exist. Crappy situations and difficult/unsolvable problems exist and those have to be addressed by the individual with an honest self-assessment.

Chemical imbalances exist. Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. Though people do need to deal with their lives, saying that they don't have a chemical imbalance and not receiving proper care from professionals is not a safe or healthy avenue.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have had one person threaten to commit suicide to me. I gave them 2 choices. I either call cops to deal with her and I am not leaving until they arrive or she commits herself into a psychiatric ward. She commited herself and I followed her and her friend and made sure she was commited.

I don't play games with suicide.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chemical imbalances exist. Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. Though people do need to deal with their lives, saying that they don't have a chemical imbalance and not receiving proper care from professionals is not a safe or healthy avenue.
Yes, they exist, and they can be measured. I had for example hormonal imbalance 5 years ago. It could be clearly measured with blood and saliva tests. Proven methods exist that can improve it.

However, noone measures the chemical imbalances cured by the magic pills for some strange reason. You just exchange a few words with someone who decides that you have a chemical imbalance and you should take one of the many available pills. Interesting... Lies and crappy lives can not be healed with medications.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, they exist, and they can be measured. I had for example hormonal imbalance 5 years ago. It could be clearly measured with blood and saliva tests. Proven methods exist that can improve it.

However, noone measures the chemical imbalances cured by the magic pills for some strange reason. You just exchange a few words with someone who decides that you have a chemical imbalance and you should take one of the many available pills. Interesting... Lies and crappy lives can not be healed with medications.

Look, maybe your personal experience with the mental health system has been very negative. That however does not make depression a "make believe" illness. There are many success stories that involve effective medication therapy. Addressing the underlying issues as well as the physical symptoms is important. I think it is dangerous when real mental health conditions are viewed as "imaginary". This idea contributes to the very real stigma that exists when an individual seeks treatment. I do not believe that anyone should be subjected to a world that does not recognize psychological disorders. We live in a society is that is way more advanced than that.
As far are as your last statement: The difference between a "crappy life" and a "good life" involve a great deal of perspective on an individual level, no medication will reform your thoughts completely. Thats a personal issue.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are many success stories that involve effective medication therapy.
Can you point to one? I would be curious how they prove that it was the use of medication that lead to success.

How do you decide whether someone needs medication or not? And how do you measure it's effectiveness? You treat physical/chemical conditions with medications and if you want to change these parameters then you have to measure. I've never heard about something like that in case of antidepressants. Not to mention that currently they can't even describe accurately the "chemistry of happyness", then how could they manipulate it effectively? Even if someone "got better" while taking pills for some weird reason it didn't prove that it was the medication (you haven't actually measured anything to prove that). In contrast you can find a lot of people online who are complaining about the terrible side effects. It completely makes no sense to me to treat mental disorders with pills that intend to change physical/chemical parameters without actually measuring them. Not measuring these and trying several different kind of pills is like performing experiments on a rat and all the responsibility is on the "customer"'s shoulders. In case of rat experiments at least they are trying to measure things to be able to learn something from the process in the end.

The difference between a "crappy life" and a "good life" involve a great deal of perspective on an individual level, no medication will reform your thoughts completely. Thats a personal issue.
Then maybe we agree on something. People go to "professionals" with crappy life and sadness, and they get bullshit and medication to treat it that makes no sense. Maybe there are a few cases where medications could give benefits *if* we understood the underlying chemistry more and we actually measured it, *but* we don't understand it so it is just bullshitting around with pills. But even in that case it would be 1 out of a million or billion and I would suspect that much more people are taking pills than that. Why? I simply don't need medications (actually noone needs that crap) and they still wanted to stuff me with it. I went there to be able to talk honestly and to gather some useful info to make my life better because as an isolated introvert with crappy background I didn't have as much experience as others with the same age. For this reason I intentionally selected 2 psychologists who are at least 40 years old and hopefully smarter in the "big life" topic. The result: "oh, you are very sad, stuff yourself with crap..."

I believe that most people don't have physical/chemical disorder. Even if the *root cause* is a chemical disorder we can not really detect and address it, so what do these pills do then (and I'm not interested about neurotransmitter blahblah bullshit that psychologists use to make stupid people more stupid...)? Its probably only a set of lies that make most people sad. If someone lies to herself causing severe mental stress for herself then she will most probably lie to the "professional" too so it makes the usage of a "professional" even more like waste of money.

When it comes to overweigh, the same thing happens: A lot of people try to lie themselves that its the cause of genes. In reality very-very few people have genetic disorder that makes them unable to to lose fat. This is why weigh loss pills/stuff and antidepressants and other things sell well: people like comfortable lies more than reality. Its easier to eat and sitting in front of the TV and hoping that weigh loss pills do the job than actually doing something. Its actually easier to stuff yourself with antidepressants than facing reality. This mental loophole of the human race is an excellent business opportunity.