• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Employee Type Are YOU?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marie G. McIntyre, Ph.D.
http://www.yourofficecoach.com/topics/managing_difficult_emp.htm

1. Slacker
2. Space Cadet
3. Power Grabbers
4. Loners
5. Drama Queens
6. Challengers
7. Clingers

I'm the 2 and 4 employee.

Space Cadet
2. I change the topic of discussion, because I'm only half listening to you at best while my mind goes off on a free-association spree. I may appear to be listening to you, but in fact I'm listening "through" you. At best, I communicate in terms of general concepts which are helpful only if my audience knows what to do with them.

Loner
4. Don't bother me, don't bother me, don't bother me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well they all sound pretty bad don't they. I'd like to think none of those apply. :/

I can be spacey but I'm not always spacey. I can be pretty bad ass at work

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably (going by past experience as i no longer work for anyone else)...

A scaled down version of a mix between loner and challenger with a touch of space cadet thrown in.

But i agree with the lady above... pretty dire profiles.

93JC

1, 4 and 7. And a little bit of 2. Mostly 1. (he types, while at work...)

wolfy

awsm
If anything I am part Space Cadet and part Challenger. And also can have Loner traits. But it says work types that drive managers crazy, I don't think I drive the managers crazy. At least most of the time. And the times I do, mostly I hope it is with excitement. It must be tiresome to be stuck in an office. Poor buggers.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oddly enough, a dash of Loner and a dash of Challenger; the two seem to be opposite, but those are the two that apply most to me. Loner applies for certain roles/work environments, Challenger comes into play much more in my current position because of what it entails and my views of management/decisions that are made/culture. :whistling: But I'm not an extreme version of this so I'm not [currently ;)] viewed as a problem employee.

wolfy

awsm
Oddly enough, a dash of Loner and a dash of Challenger; the two seem to be opposite, but those are the two that apply most to me. Loner applies for certain roles/work environments, Challenger comes into play much more in my current position because of what it entails and my views of management/decisions that are made/culture. :whistling:

They aren't really though. It just describes someone with their own independent thinking pattern. I think.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I think I've got several of these traits, but none of them are really all that correct in the whole. For instance, I *hate* being "managed" (the very existence of the "how a manager can help" section annoyed me). But I have little desire to pursue "status" or think that life is "a game to be played to win".

1. Slacker - not much here. I'll chat a bit, and am definitely resentful, but I get a lot done and don't shy away from work.
  2. Space Cadet - Quite a bit of this. I go off on tangents, and the phrase "They are also happiest with managers who do not force them to do mundane tasks, like filling out forms, and who leave them alone to follow their interests." is completely correct.
  3. Power Grabbers - Somewhat. I like taking charge of my own projects, and hate being "managed". But I'm not a jerk about it, and am not a ladder-climber, etc.
  4. Loners - Quite a bit of this. Enough said.
  5. Drama Queens -- No, none of this.
  6. Challengers -- Yup.
  7. Clingers -- Definitely none of this.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Oh I was without question a potential Slacker. But when I was working on tasks I really enjoyed I was also more of a Loner.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6 then sometimes maybe a 2.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Social loner with a bit of space cadet (can't resist the funny asides in meetings). Generally, though, not a great fit for any type there.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
1, 2, 4, and a touch of 6 when grumpy.

i dream of self employment.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Mostly clinger, some power-grabber, loner, and space cadet.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably Challenger.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
75% loner, 15% challenger, 10% space cadet.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh man, I think I'm a clinger! That sucks! I think it comes from only really entering the workforce fully in my 30s.