• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Irrational Judgments

gromit

likes this
I just realized I judge people who don't like mushrooms. I have no idea why, but I totally do! I am just like UGH what is wrong with this person... almost disgusted or something.

It is so out of nowhere. Does anyone else have weird things like that which they judge others about?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep. :laugh:

People who claim to not enjoy listening to music.
People who don't enjoy reading.
People who don't enjoy video games.
People who wear shirts advertising bands they don't listen to.
Etc.

And yeah, "What is wrong with you?!" is almost exactly what goes through my mind. I obviously don't actually say anything though, largely because I realize there is no real reason that it should matter. It's just an instinctive reaction on my part.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I judge people who wear sports paraphernalia that's in fashion colors instead of the team's colors (i.e., a pink Yankees hat.)

I judge people who are really into anime and video games.

I judge people who enjoy Adam Sandler movies not named The Wedding Singer.

I judge people who proselytize for their dogmatic political beliefs on Facebook and other social media.

I judge people who think my job contributes to making people dumber.

I judge people who claim not to watch TV and act smug about it.

I judge myself because I realize all these judgments are stupid. Except the TV one. That's legit!

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wanted To punch a girl in the mouth once because she said she didn't know who Vince Vaughn was. Other things were involved but that was the tipping point.

gromit

likes this
I just realized I judge people who don't like mushrooms. I have no idea why, but I totally do! I am just like UGH what is wrong with this person... almost disgusted or something.

It is so out of nowhere. Does anyone else have weird things like that which they judge others about?

I should clarify, since this isn't rational anyway: it is only adults who don't like mushrooms. Kids, whatever. Their tastes are still maturing.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I judge people who are overly nationalistic. Yuck. :tongue10:

A lot of fellow South Koreans love to lecture me whenever I criticize the country.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Usually, I judge people who appear too normal. That's a huge list of things. But I try not to take it too seriously.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i judge musician types for saying djs just regurgitate other peoples music....oh go fuck yourself you don't know what you're talking about!

rav3n

People who replace phone numbers with the word 'digits'. So ghetto.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People who won't eat something off of a buffet prepared by a caterer who they know, whose food they have eaten many times before, until you tell them exactly what is in it, even though they know the caterer has been informed of their food allergies and preferences. "What is this? Are you sure that's what it is? Hm, it doesn't look like a whatsit. Why is it that color?" on and on and on. NOBODY IS TRYING TO POISON YOU, YOU DUMB C*NT. PUT SOME ON YOUR PLATE. TASTE IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T EAT IT.

(Sorry. Just needed a place to rant. She's driving me nuts this week.)

Short answer: Picky eaters. I hate them with the hate of a thousand white-hot suns.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What surprises me is that someone could actively dislike a food that is so bland and uninteresting.

How do ya like them apples? :harhar:

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
those who only read fantasy or sci fi books
those who don't like red wine (judge/pity)
those who wear open toed shoes when it's cold
those who bring their noisy, filthy children to nice restaurants/movies/events not intended for children
those with stupid ringtones

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
There is one but I've forgotten it again. So I'm going to post this now in the knowledge that as soon as I've posted it it will hit me.
[sorry, i've just been on the fluffy "Vague Thread"]

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
There is one but I've forgotten it again. So I'm going to post this now in the knowledge that as soon as I've posted it it will hit me.
[sorry, i've just been on the fluffy "Vague Thread"]

Remembered:

I strongly judge people who pronounce KILOMETRE as kil-O' miter rather than KIL'-o-miter. I usually ask them how many cent-I'-miters there are in a kil-O'-miter

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I judge people who judge people.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I have loads upon loads of these.. it's just ridiculous.

I'm super judgmental. I am trying to work on it because it separates me from others and breeds resentment which is a feeling I don't like.

Little_Sticks

At a grocery store, after having people behind me move to other quicker lines, I stepped in front of someone's grocery cart once, who was behind me, while waiting in line, so I could have time to decide which line would be best to move to. The lady got real mad at me and I told her "Maybe I'd like to change lines and I am farther in line". She started speaking in another language and got really pissed, but I was pissed too, so I wasn't going to move until I decided. Then she pointed at an empty aisle that I hadn't noticed and told me to go there. I felt really stupid and was kind of speechless for doing something so stupid and said "sorry", but it must have sounded weird because I felt so awkward. She didn't seem like she cared much anyway and was more concerned that I hadn't noticed the aisle, which surprised me. People don't really get mad for the same stuff I do, which always surprises me a bit.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm judgemental about grammar nazis.