• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Irrational Judgments

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
At a grocery store .....

I know this is off the point because it is a rational judgement. My pet hate at supermarket aisles is people who park their trolley at the checkout to book a place and then go off to do a bit more shopping. They always manage to return before someone twigs and moves their trolley out of line.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just realized I judge people who don't like mushrooms. I have no idea why, but I totally do! I am just like UGH what is wrong with this person... almost disgusted or something.

It is so out of nowhere. Does anyone else have weird things like that which they judge others about?

I love mushrooms but I can see why some people don't.

However, I kinda have that reaction when people say they don't like chocolate. To me, that's like the food of the gods.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I am very cautious about people who don't like animals.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am judgemental towards other people who are not judgemental as it is judgement that makes us criticize the world and improve it and those who cannot judge others will always be weak and never able to assert dominance.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am judgemental towards other people who are not judgemental as it is judgement that makes us criticize the world and improve it and those who cannot judge others will always be weak and never able to assert dominance.
It is delightful that this statement was made in a thread called, "Irrational Judgements". I do get the basic premise of your statement, but the world would be improved with less judgement. It has been taken to a frenetic extreme. People can judge as "bad" whatever they fear and they fear what they don't understand. It can take a lot of courage to not pass judgment. There is a rationalistic view for a position of non-judgment, but this is the thread for running and hiding from people who are too tall, which I've done.

G

garbage

Virtually the only group that I'm judgmental toward is the engineering types, what, with their overly-analytical, pushy pedantry.

Let's all take out our rulers and make sure that we're exactly centered in our parking spaces :irked: Let's roll our eyes whenever someone happens to not be an expert at the irrelevant, focused material that we've chosen to master :irked: Let's all think that engineers are great at everything, including management and human relations, and that nobody else in the world has any skills :irked:

I call it somewhat irrational both because of the sheer disproportionate magnitude of my irritation and because I have two engineering degrees myself. I distance myself nearly completely from my engineering background because of how I feel about that kind of person and because of the stigma associated with them.

Wow, that's a pretty big umbrella of judgment. Maybe I ought to work on that.

:popc1:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I make many (to me) rational judgments about people, but the irrational ones generally concern bad grammar, eating fast food, and wearing clothing with prominent logos/advertising. Oh - and not recycling. The irrationality lies in the fact that I tend to extend my disapproval of that specific behavior to more of a disapproval of the person as a whole than is warranted.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I make many (to me) rational judgments about people, but the irrational ones generally concern bad grammar, eating fast food, and wearing clothing with prominent logos/advertising. Oh - and not recycling. The irrationality lies in the fact that I tend to extend my disapproval of that specific behavior to more of a disapproval of the person as a whole than is warranted.

hmmm... I always wear clothing that enhances my image. I did some kind of good deed or volunteer work that saved a life or some other very high horsey thing. Or road race tees. That always gets a positive reaction too.

:encore:

gromit

likes this
The irrationality lies in the fact that I tend to extend my disapproval of that specific behavior to more of a disapproval of the person as a whole than is warranted.

Haha yes that is it exactly.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
However, I kinda have that reaction when people say they don't like chocolate. To me, that's like the food of the gods.

I don't like chocolate much. I don't like ice cream either. I've been told to turn in my female card at the door for this violation as well. Since I'm judgmental as all get out on several topics, we'll call it even.

People buying void of all nutrition white bread in a store. Especially when they are riding around in an electric cart and easily outweigh the max load by 50-100lbs.

Anyone with any/all of the following on their vehicle - NASCAR sticker, Confederate flag front license plate, a gun rack, truck with a lift kit, over sized tires....you see where I'm going with this.

People who shop with toddlers/small children late at night with an entire entourage of family members. None of you could stay home and put the baby to bed at a reasonable time? Can any of you even tell time?

People who go to restaurants with their dogs and leave them in the car. Why? This is more of a seriously pisses me off thing more than a judgmental thing.

The people who say - I don't judge. Judging is destroying the world. Shut the fuck up.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

This but I generally can come up with several likelihoods about the person which makes me disapprove of them even more.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Anyone with any/all of the following on their vehicle - NASCAR sticker, Confederate flag front license plate
Granted, guys like Jefferson Davis and Robert Lee are historic figures, but they lost, and Monument Row was startling because America doesn’t celebrate losers. At the surrender at Appomattox, Grant should’ve demanded that Lee sign a form declaring, “There shall be no statues of any of us losers, because we lost, and even though it’s mildly impressive that we managed to build a submarine in the 1800s, the only future monument to my life shall be a totally awesome orange Dodge Charger that can jump over barns. Signed, Robert E. Lee.”

http://ezradyer.com/wordpress/?p=65 :D

Little_Sticks

haha, I remembered something from Curb Your Enthusiasm. This is what was happening to me at the store. :)
I like Larry David.

I know this is off the point because it is a rational judgement. My pet hate at supermarket aisles is people who park their trolley at the checkout to book a place and then go off to do a bit more shopping. They always manage to return before someone twigs and moves their trolley out of line.

That sounds kind of annoying. I've never seen anyone do that before. Where do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?

The people who say - I don't judge. Judging is destroying the world. Shut the fuck up.

Judgmental people create shit (problems). Judging itself is fine (alleviates problems). You're misrepresenting what people are trying to get at when they say such things. You shut the fuck up. :)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Any mention of pets as your “babies” and I assume you’re an idiot.

Really too many to list actually but that one came up today. And she is an idiot.

gromit

likes this
ps my two friends who did not like mushrooms it turns out only do not like the texture of mushrooms, so they ate almost all of the food and just tried not to eat as much of the mushroom bits.

So it turns out we can still be friends PHEW.