• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you have self discipline?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
do you, do you?

I don't unless someone says i won't do something than i have excellent displiine, i don't think its because i'm lazy that's part of it, but i think its more of i don't care.

G

garbage

I usually get stuff done, and I usually get stuff done early. ..usually.

Most importantly, though, I ask whether whatever I'm looking to target my self-discipline toward is actually important--willpower is a finite resource, after all.

I have thoughts such as
"Oh, it'll stave off headaches if I keep a consistent sleep schedule." "If I pack now, it'll be less of a pain in the ass later on."​

and
"Well, I'm gonna splurge on food just this once, and I'm not gonna feel guilty about it." "Huh. I'm actually making progress toward this goal, so I'm going to slack off for a lil' while."​

Completely depriving oneself of joy in the moment is not a good thing, no matter how virtuous "forward planning" seems to be.