• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love and My Deep Inner Self

Mole

Permabanned
Sometimes I allow my deep inner self in contact with the world - and it comes as a surprise.

For instance my deep innerself was shocked to see two bicyclists riding on the road. Of course my every day self knows this is a normal and safe activity, but my deep inner self was shocked to see them.

And I know it would be very hard to convey the way my deep inner self saw the cyclists. Perhaps I could say it was like a dream, and the cyclists and the road held special significance - but this would not be true because I was wide awake.

I could put it into words but I know they would be seen as cryptic, as 'not communicating'. I know the words would annoy because they would not be understood - while at the same time expressing my deep inner self.

And yet I am deeply and profoundly in love with my deep inner self - I think we will just go and have a cup of coffee together.

W

WALMART

Just do it man. Who cares if people like me attempt to shoot down your dreams?

Really I'm just posting here cause tonight I went on a 30 mile bike ride, I don't understand why your deep self was surprised to see cyclists.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
How do they stand the chafing of those lycra shorts they wear?

About as far as my inner self goes really....

gromit

likes this
I could put it into words but I know they would be seen as cryptic, as 'not communicating'. I know the words would annoy because they would not be understood - while at the same time expressing my deep inner self.

Inner self doesn't think or feel in words. Things seem significant and you cannot always explain why or how.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Inner self doesn't think or feel in words. Things seem significant and you cannot always explain why or how.

well, it was already cryptic. I haven't the faintest idea what the OP means as-is: "I saw two bicyclists along a road and thought... something." Okay.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... as long as you don't swerve towards them, causing them to crash into the curb and sprain their wrists and bruise up an entire side of their body from flipping over the handlebars... :thelook:

of course there are always those odd moments where you see something that you've seen a million times and suddenly it's very strange that you've never noticed certain things about it or realized something... like that you're happily maneuvering around the city in a chunk of metal and plastic being propelled by something that might be explosive and think nothing of it :doh:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yah sometimes the abstract fights with the concrete, it's ok, i often let the abstract have free reign. I will also go have coffee with myself, prehaps even a little hug.

Mole

Permabanned
Central is important to me because it contains many who have never explored their inner life and antagonistic to anyone who tries.

This is important to me because normally I avoid such people. But here I take them head on.

And not only do I take them head on but I manage to remain in touch with my inner self at the same time.

I know where this is leading me. It is leading me here -

Barbarians

Long after the days and the seasons, and the beings and the countries,

The pennant of bloody meat against the silk of arctic seas and flowers; (they don't exist.)
Recovered from old fanfares of heroism—which still attack our hearts and heads—far from the ancient assassins—
Oh! The pennant of bloody meat against the silk of arctic seas and flowers; (they don't exist)
Sweetness!
Live coals raining down gusts of frost,—Sweetness!—those flashes in the rain of the wind of diamonds thrown down by the terrestrial heart eternally charred for us.—O world!—
(Far from the old refuges and the old fires that we can hear, can smell,)
The live coals and the foam. Music, wheeling of abysses and shock of ice floes against the stars.
O Sweetness, O world, O music! And there, shapes, sweat, tresses and eyes, floating. And the white, boiling tears,—O sweetness!—and the voice of woman reaching to the depths of the arctic volcanoes and caverns.
The pennant .....

This is the perfect expression of the inner life and is addressed to you.

But after writing this poem the poet knew the barbarians had defeated him and he never wrote another poem. He gave up poetry entirely, he gave up his life, and went to sell arms to the arabs.

But you haven't defeated me even after 10,000 posts, and you may well hate your inner life but remember, your inner life hates you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What was your deep inner self shocked about? You have secret fear of road cycling accidents? I know I only like to ride bikes around neighborhoods where there isn't a lot of traffic or on trails or on the beach, I personally don't think it's all that safe to ride a bike in traffic, on heavily traveled roads.

Is this what you're saying, or is it something symbolic that has nothing to do with anything I'm saying about possibly exaggerated though rational fears?

Mole

Permabanned
What was your deep inner self shocked about? You have secret fear of road cycling accidents? I know I only like to ride bikes around neighborhoods where there isn't a lot of traffic or on trails or on the beach, I personally don't think it's all that safe to ride a bike in traffic, on heavily traveled roads.

Is this what you're saying, or is it something symbolic that has nothing to do with anything I'm saying about possibly exaggerated though rational fears?

It's a psycho-drama with the deep inner life on one side and the daily life on the other.

Most are prompted to come here by their unsatisfied deep inner life. But they know of nowhere better to go than to a site devoted to pop psychology.

So most have made the first step out of daily life into pop psychology. And the next step is the hardest, the most full of fear, and the most socially dangerous.

The next step is to take the deep inner life into daily life, without illusions and without psychological defences.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
But you haven't defeated me even after 10,000 posts, and you may well hate your inner life but remember, your inner life hates you.

[/INDENT]

Im not sure, I think this is more of a self-imposed martyrdom. People arent seeking to defeat you, you deliberately open yourself up to counter-attacks with a pro-active self-righteousness that often attacks others, even if that wasn't the intended result.

As for the deep inner self...it's something which is so beyond the concerns or understandings of any rational conscious implications that it must be understood only by the person whose world it is.

I do understand the ideal that if people were more infatuated with their 'inner self' they might live lives worth living in the perspective of themselves and bring a joy of life to themselves and those around them, but everyone has to find that on their own initiative and in their own way, most will never find it because someone elses methods will not be their own.

To imply a superiority of methodology for this end as you so often do, (your presence here is actually an embodiment of this not to mention your opinion of MBTI even if you dont directly state that your methods are superior), is actually anathema to what you appear to wish to induce in others.

Afterall what IS an inner self? Is it a series of collective understandings that trancend conscious and rational outward directives? Or is it a subjective relationship between the structured consciousness of an individual that connects him or her to the rigmaroll of everyday human life in our constructed systems of outward living and the true depths of irrationality and beauty that lines our inner thoughts without being truely able to be expressed in a socially understandable manner?

If it is objective why is there not a standard by which humanity as a whole is easily able to achieve one-ness with the inner self?

If it is subjective, how can any one person proclaim that there is a right or wrong method or system for achieving such an enlightenment? Because to do so would destroy the subjective notions of it's existance.

As for illusion and depth:

Human life is an illusion; a series of mental constructs and systems both subjectively and objectively agreed upon to be true. But a person must work their entire life against the waves and storms of their inner turmoils and in each case they seek to surpasse or even defuse such storms and thus move towards a more ideal state.

However in doing so they set up other illusions and traps along the way and it is in the nature of humanity to hold illusions of ourselves or else give over to madness and destruction. Without our own delusional human reference systems, we try to give over power to an external source of definition that does not exist, because nothing outside of us cares about us, and so we end up in a deep spiral of doubt and fear, never knowing what to trust or what to believe.

We need illusion as much as we need truth and to pretend otherwise is nothing more than a great lie, a dangerous lie that would rip our cognitions to shreds.

This is not to say that we should give ourselves over to all illusions, not at all, im merely pointing out that some of them are inescapable and it may even be dangerous to do so.

This being the case there are then illusions we can identify and understand, but rather than fight them, we should realise their value and accept them.

I dont think you are wrong to promote a love of ones inner self, but the methods you use are...at best antagonistic.

And let's be honest, most people are, deep down, contrarians by nature....so if you push them they will push back.

Mole

Permabanned
I only have to say the words 'nurturing my inner self' to experience the nurturing of my inner self.

In other words, I invoke the experience of nurturing my inner self with the words.

I 'invoke' - I speak into - I speak into myself - and my inner self comes to life.

It's quite a different experience than my daily life. It is calm but very much alive. And I look around me and see most are not in contact with their inner life, rather they are routinely focused on manipulating the outer world. So it is important for me to learn to nurture my inner life as I pass through the outer world.

It's very nice. It's a little like being a child again and being looked after. And after all I am a grown up looking after, nurturing, my inner self.

I wonder what it would be like to dance?