• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do you react when someone yells at you

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's some philosophy I can get down with.

I carry it around and open it at random the way some people would carry around ancient religious texts.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stare down the person until he/she starts behaving properly. Then I listen.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
My first response is to respond with Fe, and try to calm them down. However, if they keep yelling I'm going to yell back.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...Lets just say... Not well... My mental reaction is often violent, but my course of action is most often to tense up then just stand there glaring at the idiot.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's variable, but generally I shut down entirely and refuse to let myself react until they cool down and start speaking rationally. It usually gets them to stop pretty quickly if I don't give them any emotional fuel (or irritates them further, at least briefly, which is amusing).

Rarely, I'll cry, but that takes a lot and pretty much guarantees I won't speak to them again.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I simply sit and stare at the person with a blank expression... It tends to piss them off further that I'm NOT reacting... This amuses me much more than it should... :laugh:

LMAO...yes. Even get to the point where you yell back just to see if it stops the yelling. You should try getting all loud and then just be like "this is boring are we done yet?"

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
...Lets just say... Not well... My mental reaction is often violent, but my course of action is most often to tense up then just stand there glaring at the idiot.

That used to be my reaction. However, I then went to work in sales with a very aggressive 8w7 manager who yelled at me at the top of his lungs everyday. After a while, I got pretty damn used to yelling.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I find it comical when most people lose their shit, so I antagonize or flat out ignore them.

G

Ginkgo

I observe to see what's making them tick. If they are yelling due to an emotional reaction, their actions reveal a great deal of what they hide in a very basic, implicit way.

emibee

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I usually stand there with a blank expression, but not on purpose I'm just processing the moment. When I finally do react, I'm usually not very aggressive about it. I will tell them to chill out and what there mad about is not really a big deal, and if they are still mad at me I leave. I'm not the greatest at solving disagreements, if you can't tell.

But if I'm in a terrible mood already, I can get emotional. But that involves me leaving pretty soon as well.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I freeze and try not to smirk. - It's bad.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
If they are my family members, ofc I'll strike back (depends on the situation) if someone else, its different story..I've learn to behave well btw.

wolfy

awsm
Sometimes I mirror the intensity, sometimes I go the opposite and become really quiet and careful to remain in control. I try to avoid situations like wetting my pants, crying and hiding in the corner.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you react when someone yells at you?

It depends. I usually get pretty pissed off. It's not something that I tolerate. If I don't react back immediately, I'd probably be fuming.

G

Glycerine

I just laugh or pretend nothing's happening and stay calm. A chronically stressed ESFJ trains you well.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I go quiet and sigh. Then lock my mind off from them and just pretend to listen.

Meanwhile im off here >

But I just try to stay calm and wait till the storm ends...unless they do something physical to someone.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never get yelled at. However, there is this melancholic coworker of mine who bosses everyone around, and mostly ignore it with a smile and a joke. However, when confronted, I raise an eyebrow and intently listen. I hear their argument and then tell them how they're thinking is wrong, while establishing common ground.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Scared, then angry. Actually, these days I think I'd move pretty fast from scared to angry. It depends on the context and who is yelling, though!