• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Makes Someone Truly Charismatic?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was just thinking about the charisma of Hitler and his ability to socially manipulate, et al. as well as his ...creepy ...success (?)... with women and I tend to agree that he was some kind of xNFJ.

However, while I see Obama as being a highly diplomatic and likable leader, I really don't see lines around the block of women who want to bang him like I do with Putin (including women in his own country and others) and Obama is supposedly ENFJ and Putin is an...INTJ...possibly ISTJ according to others.

Does personality type have anything to do with pull on people, whether that be emotional or sexual?

I'm not talking about people being sexy in general with their lovers or well-liked by their friends, I am talking about high-level charisma and sexual charm.

Is it absolute power that also influences people? Is Obama TOO diplomatic to be viewed as a sex object? If he were more of a hard ass would women swoon a little more?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you're attracted to men of conviction mark or at least surprised at them and curious

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you're attracted to men of conviction mark or at least surprised at them and curious

I'm not talking about me. I'm not the only person attracted to Putin, and he's the only of the three I find personally attractive. Obama is handsome, but not my type, and Hitler was weird looking and twitchy.

I just don't see women talking about how hot Obama is a whole lot, it just isn't a major quality he seems to have, people seem to love him for his goodness and his politics, primarily.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He doesn't have that inner fire/anger perhaps

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He doesn't have that inner fire/anger perhaps

So women (en masse, not as individuals) may be drawn to men who have some kind of inner...confidence...arrogance even...in their selves or their belief system?

Obama is so diplomatic he irks me, I think Hillary Clinton is more of a man than him, but that's just my personal taste and primarily my issue with him as my president...I feel his level of diplomacy is both his strength and his downfall.

I just don't see women worshiping Obama in the U.S. or anywhere else in the world, not as some kind of sexual object, though I'm sure there are those here and there who like him, he just doesn't seem to have that pull. And it's not racial, if it was racial, there wouldn't be so many women in love with 50 Cent or the memory of Tupac.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I was suggesting you seem to be drawn to inflammatory people. Or rather they make you feel powerfully

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, I was suggesting you seem to be drawn to inflammatory people. Or rather they make you feel powerfully

I'm not talking about me. And I don't think there's anything inflammatory at all about Jared Leto.

I don't know if you're trolling or what.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Such broad generalizations marm it's really hard to say anything about how people respond to them specifically and why but I do think charisma is an interesting subject... Sexual charisma is certainly its own thing and it is firey I think... Firey and decisive and raw... Something very raw and unapologetic about it.

Maybe it has more to do with sx ness or te or fe idk

I do think Obama may be enfp tho so is Charles Manson and he's got that creepy sexual charisma thing happening too.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really? I can smell people through the Internet, the television, and even all the way to Russia?

Those must be some serious pheromones.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe Enneagrams as opposed to MBTI? The charmers of MBTI are ENFJs and ExFPs .. whereas those of Enneagrams are Type 3's [specifically sx 3w2s]. Also dominant sx's are said to have some sort of animal magnatism because of their raw energy .... but that kind of attraction works for specific individuals, not everyone.

8's can be attractive to average to unhealthy 2's and 6's who look for people in power for protection and security respectively.

According to socionics, every type seems to be drawn to some other type. I haven't read to much about that so I don't know.

Was reading Enneagram compatibility matrices on EI web-site and it seems that each type can be attracted/drawn to another type for different reasons.

However, in Enneagram lore, the charmers are primarily 3's.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think this is the same as luck. It is putting definition to a series of small variables that are TOO small for us to pick apart properly, or at least be bothered to pick apart.

It is possibly all kinds of things, how they move, how they look, how they speak, how they smell, how they dress.....etc. How they act in a given moment and how they deal with things.

As I said in another thread a while back: One persons slime is anothers charisma.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting to se hitler, Obama and Putin mentioned. All three is wildly different and has different powers. Hitler was at the time extremely hip and up to date. A visionare he made the army a trend thing with i believe Hugo Boss clothes and so on. Obama is a diplomate type if you ask me. Putin is a hardcore powerhouse. I dunno really but im guessing diplomatic is not what the girls like. its too feminine.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Charismatic?

Siren

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think charisma is related to sex appeal. Yeah, you may find Putin attractive sexually and that may draw you to him but he certainly is charismatic to heterosexual males as well. Perhaps we should first define charisma.

charisma [kuh-riz-muh]  

noun, plural cha·ris·ma·ta  [-muh-tuh] Show IPA.
Theology . a divinely conferred gift or power.
a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
the special virtue of an office, function, position, etc., that confers or is thought to confer on the person holding it an unusual ability for leadership, worthiness of veneration, or the like.

Ok that tells us nothing, except that sex isn't mentioned.

My thoughts:

1. Confidence

2. Comfortable in themselves (akin to 1)

3. Knowledgeable

4. Magnetic appearance and/or personality. Something that makes people want to be in their presence

5. Persuasive, a good communicator

6. Someone Who has qualities people want to emulate

That's all I have right now.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think charisma is related to sex appeal. Yeah, you may find Putin attractive sexually and that may draw you to him but he certainly is charismatic to heterosexual males as well. Perhaps we should first define charisma.

Not just me, lots of women. Lots and lots.

Also:

Young Russian Women Tearing Off Clothes for Vladimir Putin

They're all (all three of them) charismatic to heterosexual men as well as attractive to some women, I just think for whatever reason Hitler and Putin seem to have been treated more as desirable than Obama. At least in the U.S., I don't see AS MANY women idolizing Obama in this way.

charisma [kuh-riz-muh]  

noun, plural cha·ris·ma·ta  [-muh-tuh] Show IPA.
Theology . a divinely conferred gift or power.
a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
the special virtue of an office, function, position, etc., that confers or is thought to confer on the person holding it an unusual ability for leadership, worthiness of veneration, or the like.

Ok that tells us nothing, except that sex isn't mentioned.

My thoughts:

1. Confidence

2. Comfortable in themselves (akin to 1)

3. Knowledgeable

4. Magnetic appearance and/or personality. Something that makes people want to be in their presence

5. Persuasive, a good communicator

6. Someone Who has qualities people want to emulate

That's all I have right now.

Okay.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I had to guess, it's the intensity-level of Putin and Hitler back in the day. A certain raw but meticulous passion for what they want. They're very much driven and powerful men. They're also both..dangerous. Now, from what I can tell with Obama, he's a good natured, dedicated man, but feels more laid back and frankly... a lot less dangerous than the other two. Could indeed be perhaps an sx-thing? :shrug: