• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There are tons of books and advice for introverts

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would be called "How to slow down"

Yes, there are tons of books of this variety out there. Add to it all of the books about getting in touch with your inner self, meditation, and learning to appreciate alone time. They just don't have the word "extravert" in the titles.

nharkey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, for whatever it is worth I have a book out on Parenting by Temperament that goes through the preferences and two letter temperaments one by one and points out strengths and weaknesses for every one of them. I certainly do that for Extraverts just as seriously as for introverts.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Potential titles

"Focusing for dummies"

Ooooooooh :D

Mole

Permabanned
The great book they give to introverts to help them be extroverts is Dale Carnegie's, "How to Make Friends and Influence People".

It was writen by an American robber baron for his sales force. And the sales are being forced onto introverts today.

It is cheap, low and manipulative, just like astrology or mbti.

No one would have thought that the great American tragedy, "Death of Salesman", had ever been written.

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But none for extroverts. That's despite a lot of people wanting to identify as extroverts, at least that was my experience in my teens when I knew only one person who proudly claimed to be introverted.

None for extroverts because extroversion has been proven time after time as the preferred personality trait. Overall, that is. It seems that America tends to naturally show more praise to people who have an act first, think later mentality. Hence, all of the obnoxious reality television shows that glorify it. It's sad, really. I can even feel the discrimination within my own family for being more of an introvert. Like it's some sort of peculiar abnormality.