• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Savior complex

LucrativeSid

I don't understand this complex. I would only help the people very closest to me, and only if they are going to help themselves. Otherwise, it's like enabling them to continue the bad habits that get them in trouble in the first place. You can't save someone from themself.

This is what makes sense to me. I've never been in a fight before. I haven't started one and nobody has ever tried to start one with me. I always do exactly what I need to do to make sure things get settled. I would defend myself or an innocent person to whatever extent was required, if we were under physical attack, killing the aggressors if I had to. I've never been in a situation like that, and if people are just talking shit, then they're just idiots who you can ignore. I don't feel responsible for other people's emotions whatsoever. I can offer advice and wisdom if they want it, but I am not going to "take care of them". The best thing I can do for a person is help them become independent.

There's a rational explanation from a man who's never picked a fight or ran from one, but who always uses reason, says what needs to be said, and does what needs to be done.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got it but I'm learning to choose those I help more wisely.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This is what makes sense to me. I've never been in a fight before. I haven't started one and nobody has ever tried to start one with me. I always do exactly what I need to do to make sure things get settled. I would defend myself or an innocent person to whatever extent was required, if we were under physical attack, killing the aggressors if I had to. I've never been in a situation like that, and if people are just talking shit, then they're just idiots who you can ignore. I don't feel responsible for other people's emotions whatsoever. I can offer advice and wisdom if they want it, but I am not going to "take care of them". The best thing I can do for a person is help them become independent.

There's a rational explanation from a man who's never picked a fight or ran from one, but who always uses reason, says what needs to be said, and does what needs to be done.

Agree completely.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can have this. Its something Im becoming aware of and something... I really do think can be bad or good- but somethig that someone needs to be aware of so that they dont run too far away with it

rav3n

It's not type related and would be reliant on motivations. Some will do so from formative/personal damage, some because it gives them meaning in life and others because they have a hero complex.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had this in high school, since I used to be an INFP type. Before I kinda broke, and my personality changed over the next 10 years or so.

I used to be so bent on being there for my brothers (we were abused). I was suicidally altruistic and selfless. I used to fantasize about saving my friends from anything. I used to always be the mediator. I was heavily inspired by Naruto (anime) as well, that gave me confidence to do it. It was really my only driving force in my life at the time. I had nothing else to me. I was empty inside, and being a savior filled that void. Over time though, and after I graduated high school. I quickly began to realize that I had wasted so much of my life doing nothing for myself. Fell into a severe depression and I ended up regretting and resenting myself over it. I was disowned by the very people I tried to help.

Mole

Permabanned
Jesus is our Saviour, and we follow the Imitation of Christ. It ix ingrained, part of our culture. What princess doesn't want to be rescued by her prince. Don't we long to be rescued by an authority figure, so no wonder we become saviours ourself.