• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychosis

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
not at all anxious

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that's what separates paranoia from anxiety/panic. People who have anxiety/panic have physiological experiences of fear in reaction to things that are actually happening, like being in social situations where they feel like they are rejected or will be rejected, or if they have a phobia, say, of being in an airplane crash and they hyperventilate when the plane takes off.

When you are paranoid you actually entertain complex fantasies that are persecutor-y (?) in nature, and may not even feel panicky about it, though I think if you do start to feel anxious or panic IN COMBINATION of having these fantasies, that could be quite dangerous for you or for other people.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that's what separates paranoia from anxiety/panic. People who have anxiety/panic have physiological experiences of fear in reaction to things that are actually happening, like being in social situations where they feel like they are rejected or will be rejected, or if they have a phobia, say, of being in an airplane crash and they hyperventilate when the plane takes off.

When you are paranoid you actually entertain complex fantasies that are persecutor-y (?) in nature, and may not even feel panicky about it, though I think if you do start to feel anxious or panic IN COMBINATION of having these fantasies, that could be quite dangerous for you or for other people.

In my experience, this is absolutely correct.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
its more a delusion, thinking marms is not aware that she is lying to you...kinda sounds odd. your suspicious for no reason.

accompanied by the paranoia there are delusions. the mind starts making connections where there are no real connections.

you start thinking the random stranger across the street who is actually talking to their wife is secretly keeping tabs on you, which is not true but since you are not in the right state of mind, you dont see that. you dont see things for what they are. you start thinking the docter is keeping secrets from you and working for the government and such, when the docter/ psychologist is trying to get down to the heart to the heart of the matter and just help you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
its more a delusion, thinking marms is not aware that she is lying to you...kinda sounds odd. your suspicious for no reason.

Yeah like if prpl said "marm I'm afraid you don't like me" or "you're saying this to be mean to me" that would be more like social anxiety. Like reading rejection into things people do or say to you.

But saying that I don't know I'm lying when I say there are no robots in anyone's meds is a pretty complex thing to believe.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]

are you okay with discussing this further?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
because you're part of the general public, and the government lies and you believe those lies.

Okay, let's try to look at this from a logical standpoint: robotics isn't cheap. My sister used to be in a relationship with this guy who worked for the robotics department at Carnegie Mellon, and I actually went out with one of his friends a couple of times, who also worked there.

Robotics isn't as advanced as television would have you believe, I was a little puzzled by what I actually had the privilege to even look at CM.

So tell me how the technology is advanced enough, and how it's cheap enough, to put robotics in pills?

And why doesn't EVERYONE have to take the same pills?

This isn't Brave New World, and we're not talking about something OTC like ibuprofen.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Okay, let's try to look at this from a logical standpoint: robotics isn't cheap. My sister used to be in a relationship with this guy who worked for the robotics department at Carnegie Mellon, and I actually went out with one of his friends a couple of times, who also worked there.

Robotics isn't as advanced as television would have you believe, I was a little puzzled by what I actually had the privilege to even look at CM.

So tell me how the technology is advanced enough, and how it's cheap enough, to put robotics in pills?

And why doesn't EVERYONE have to take the same pills?

This isn't Brave New World, and we're not talking about something OTC like ibuprofen.

they do, thats why psych meds are expensive they put them in all the "crazies" to control the govn't will have an army for the counter revolution

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
they do, thats why psych meds are expensive they put them in all the "crazies" to control the govn't will have an army for the counter revolution

No prpl. If that were true, my friends would have warned me.

Now, what I would like for you to do is to take a pill splitter or a sharp knife (be careful) and cut one of each kind of med you take into at least four pieces.

Tell me what you see inside there.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
No prpl. If that were true, my friends would have warned me.

Now, what I would like for you to do is to take a pill splitter or a sharp knife (be careful) and cut one of each kind of med you take into at least four pieces.

Tell me what you see inside there.

I need a microscope.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I need a microscope.

But the world's smallest robot isn't even pre-programmed to move. It has to be controlled on an electrode grid.

And it's not like you can't fairly easily locate a school or university with a microscope.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But the world's smallest robot isn't even pre-programmed to move. It has to be controlled on an electrode grid.

And it's not like you can't fairly easily locate a school or university with a microscope.

no car currently

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
no car currently

What about the bus or subway or train? Or do you have a friend who is taking a biology or chemistry class at summer school?

Plus I'd like to know if your psychiatrist is private or via the state, because I'm not sure why a private psychiatrist would be working for the government. Many people see private psychiatrists and are prescribed the same medications as those who see state employees.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What about the bus or subway or train? Or do you have a friend who is taking a biology or chemistry class at summer school?

Plus I'd like to know if your psychiatrist is private or via the state, because I'm not sure why a private psychiatrist would be working for the government. Many people see private psychiatrists and are prescribed the same medications as those who see state employees.

Not even to mention the companies that manufacture the medication, which also are private companies, some of which are in other countries entirely.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought I had it during school but it was instead derealization. It was quite weird.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

i think she's private.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Aspie, but no psychosis. It's not so bad being in a club with members like Clay Marzo and Jay Serdula. I know that Aspergers isn't "psychosis" , but there's still a stigma that goes along with having it. Probably close to the same stigma as with those that do suffer psychosis.