• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is strength admirable?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mhmm. I believe IPs are the next level in evolution however their time has not yet come

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Speaking of armies, if EJs weren't constantly engaged in their ruthless competions with other people there would be far less greed, corruption, and war.

This obsession with "strength" is the root of all evil.

Ambition has lead to many terrible things in human history.

But depending on the emotional health of the individual, it has also been the root of much good.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Utility + Scarcity = increased perceived value
Basic economics.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The strong are meant to rule. The weak are meant to serve.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I imagine a certain effort on the individual's part that others aren't able to accomplish as much exists, which would show a certain worth over the others in the specific field. The admiration may come from the more able person which could be translated into the wisdom of the correct choices in the field.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
It's what people make stories out of. Stories make legends. Legends create inspiration and admiration

:shrug:

Lark

Not physical strength, strength in any field or skill.

I could understand an instinctual drive to appreciate strength, but besides that? Anything?

It depends on what sort of strength it is, is it resilience or competence or capacity? None of those things are the same, there would be different reasons for admiring any of them.

In the end I think it comes down to unconscious or conscious reverence for life, people, provided their natural inclinations havent been blocked and redirected in some other way, I think are biophilious.