• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what is this phrenomenm?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
90% of my friends have told me they feel the need to protect me, especially from myself. anyone else experience this? why do i need protecting? I don't understand. it might be because i'm impulsive and don't think of consequences until it's too late.

G

garbage

Codependency on their part--their happiness depends on yours, and they think that the way to make you happy is to protect you.

Protecting people from themselves is not a good long-term solution anyway. People are smarter than we give them credit for, and we should give them the chance to live life on their own.

G

Glycerine

You seem very vulnerable and unpredictable at times so I could see why they might feel the need to protect you.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Probably your history and perhaps things like this -

i don't need to go to the hospital, that i will be fine, that i wont fall apart anymore than i already have today. I'm not suicidal but i feel like i could be easily tipped that way at the moment. that everything is fine.

I'm sure that would make people feel anywhere from protective to walking on eggshells.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Probably your history and perhaps things like this -

i don't need to go to the hospital, that i will be fine, that i wont fall apart anymore than i already have today. I'm not suicidal but i feel like i could be easily tipped that way at the moment. that everything is fine.

I'm sure that would make people feel anywhere from protective to walking on eggshells.

yes but i have never ever said anything like that in real life in fact i keep everything bottled up in real life

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
yes but i have never ever said anything like that in real life in fact i keep everything bottled up in real life

I wouldn't think you'd have to say anything.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wouldn't think you'd have to say anything.

you totally missed my point, people don't walk around on eggshells around me.they're actually really straight forward with me in real life and prefer that in the long run.