• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would I have OCD?

Illmatic

Some people with OCD experience sexual obsessions that may involve intrusive thoughts or images of "kissing, touching, fondling, oral sex, anal sex, intercourse, incest and rape" with "strangers, acquaintances, parents, children, family members, friends, coworkers, animals and religious figures", and can include "heterosexual or homosexual content" with persons of any age.[13] As with other intrusive, unpleasant thoughts or images, most "normal" people have some disquieting sexual thoughts at times, but people with OCD may attach extraordinary significance to the thoughts. For example, obsessive fears about sexual orientation can appear to the person with OCD, and even to those around them, as a crisis of sexual identity.[14][15] Furthermore, the doubt that accompanies OCD leads to uncertainty regarding whether one might act on the troubling thoughts, resulting in self-criticism or self-loathing.[13]

taken from Wikipedia.

This describes my mindstate 100% perfectly at times. But I don't know if this particular thing can make me have OCD.

Things I do is.

I some times never throw stuff out because I might need it one day.

When I'm talking with people I think about punching them in the face and stuff or hurting them in some sort of way.

Always ask people for reassurance.

Before I go out I have to check the hair straigtener like 2-3 times because I just forget and If i forget to I always think that the house might burn down.

But I'm by no means a neat person. My room is always messy with things always around and I never clean it.

I don't know. Would I have it? Where do I get diagonsed If I am? Am I?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you are that messy I doubt it. Do you have any other habits? My maths teacher would have to lower his coffee cup 3 times before placing it on the table for example. My ex always had to be SUPER clean. Oddly she didn't freak out about me being a mess, she just cleaned up after me a lot (ie washing my clothes etc)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Things I do is.

I some times never throw stuff out because I might need it one day. normal to hoarder, depending how often "sometimes" is and how useful the thing is

When I'm talking with people I think about punching them in the face and stuff or hurting them in some sort of way. normal

Always ask people for reassurance. insecurity

Before I go out I have to check the hair straigtener like 2-3 times because I just forget and If i forget to I always think that the house might burn down. normal for a forgetful person

But I'm by no means a neat person. My room is always messy with things always around and I never clean it. normal

I don't know. Would I have it? Where do I get diagonsed If I am? Am I? No evidence for it here, but if you're really worried you would want to talk to a psych of some kind.

Relevant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_students'_disease

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I'm talking with people I think about punching them in the face and stuff or hurting them in some sort of way.

Yes, you have OCD.

I have OCD too and thought about the same exact thing repeatedly over and over.

And when you think it it's like it's actually happening.

Pretty cool

There are pills for OCD, but you should take them in case your OCD is severe, which I doubt, many people may have some barely noticeable OCD which comes up only when they're stressed so...

You'll be fine

: )

PS: you probably typed out the least disturbing obsession : "punching"

Funny

I used to do that too, when someone asked me what it's like.

But there was a lot of freaky shit that used to stick in my head

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not trained in diagnosing people, and it's hard to know with the little you've said... If you're worried you might have it, you could go see a psychiatrist. You may not even have it, but maybe a professional could tell you for sure if you have it or not and so release you from that worry from yours.

It's the psychiatrist who can diagnose OCD and other mental issues. A psychologist perhaps could do it too, but the thing is more certain with a psychiatrist. Maybe you could find one in a hospital?