• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Terrified Together

Mole

Permabanned
I am terrified - I am terrified of everything. I am terrified of taking the next step. I am terrified of the indifference of cats. I am terrified of the sunshine. I am terrified of raindrops - and we have had so many of them.

I am terrified to take my next breath. So I hold my breath - I hold my breath - and they tell me, if I don't take my next breath, I will die.

And yet around me everyone is normal. How I long for the terror of the French Revolution so that everyone would feel the same.

Around me they are normal, living comfortable lives of quiet desperation.

But what could be more terrifying than to be the only terrified person in a crowd of normal people?

I look across the crowded room, looking for another terrified face, perhaps hiding in a corner, and I will ask her to come sit under the stairs with me. And we can hold hands in the dark and be terrified together.

VagrantFarce

Just breathe - you exist too. Feel it in your chest and gut, as it slows your mind and gives you clarity. Feel how your heart and body are already connected to everyone and everything around you. Hold onto that feeling, and know that it ok to let go of your racing thoughts. Recognise that no one has a monopoly on "normal", and that there's no shame in being everything you love - and that you have the presence to face anyone who chooses to hate that. When you do, you won't need to hide under the stairs anymore. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that kind of missed Victor's point completely.

VagrantFarce

Is that meant to invalidate what I said? I related to what Victor posted, and whether he was looking for it or not, I offered my thoughts.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's terrifying you [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]? Tell us more about it.
Sometimes I think there could be a misunderstood genius behind those vague yet intriguing words.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that meant to invalidate what I said? I related to what Victor posted, and whether he was looking for it or not, I offered my thoughts.

Invalidate? Am I supposed to be validating you?

No, just noting that it seemed to totally miss what Victor's point was, content-wise, since you didn't seem to realize that; maybe it would help you recalibrate with him and connect better.

VagrantFarce

Invalidate? Am I supposed to be validating you?

Well, no, but I don't see how what I posted displays a lack of understanding of what Victor posted - on the contrary, I feel it's coming from a deep understanding of what Victor describes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever. I already said what I wanted to say in my first post, and this is belaboring it. Talk to Victor.

G

Ginkgo

I am terrified - I am terrified of everything. I am terrified of taking the next step. I am terrified of the indifference of cats. I am terrified of the sunshine. I am terrified of raindrops - and we have had so many of them.

I am terrified to take my next breath. So I hold my breath - I hold my breath - and they tell me, if I don't take my next breath, I will die.

And yet around me everyone is normal. How I long for the terror of the French Revolution so that everyone would feel the same.

But what could be more terrifying than to be the only terrified person in a crowd of normal people?

I look across the crowded room, looking for another terrified face, perhaps hiding in a corner, and I will ask her to come sit under the stairs with me. And we can hold hands in the dark and be terrified together.

More evidence that cats are stingy and unreliable.

KDude

I don't know. My cat is too needy and meows too much. Bad influence from the dogs, I think.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Hmm. I can relate.

Mole

Permabanned
More evidence that cats are stingy and unreliable.

Rather than leaving carbon footprints, cats leave pawprints of existential terror. They terrorised the Ancient Egyptians so much, the Pharaohs worshipped them.

Mole

Permabanned
Well, no, but I don't see how what I posted displays a lack of understanding of what Victor posted - on the contrary, I feel it's coming from a deep understanding of what Victor describes.

Yes in a nutshell, my existential terror comes from being alone, but evaporates when I realise you are alone too.

Mole

Permabanned
What's terrifying you [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]? Tell us more about it.
Sometimes I think there could be a misunderstood genius behind those vague yet intriguing words.

I am terrified of everything.

But alas, the Age of the misunderstood genius is passing, as we enter the Age of the misunderstood electronic tribe in the global village.