• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Think You Could Be Part of a Mob?

N

NPcomplete

DANG!!! I thought you were bringing them! :doh:

DRATS!

I was hoping you wouldn't remember.

N

NPcomplete

Faaaantastic...something to cheer up a gloomy winter. Sigh.

It has been a long winter. *sigh*

But if a long summer -> a long winter then hopefully a long winter -> a long summer. :happy2:

(and a long winter afterwards....but we live for summer.)

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=6465]thealchemist[/MENTION]

Zummmmmmmmm! Wants.

42.jpg

A

Anew Leaf

Hahahahahah so I came here thinking that we were talking about the Mob, the Mafia...GODFATHER! And was going to say that yes, I can easily see myself being an :evilgenius:..

*and now I've said it*
*mischief managed :yesss:*

*so for the more serious response now*

Hmm yes I have done this before, quite unfortunately. I regretted it afterwards (unless it was for hijinks like the aforementioned House Avatar "let's all share a brain for one night" thingie) because I thought that I wasn't being true to myself in the end. So now, um, I take a step back and think more. :laugh:

Pro-tip from Ti: the title says "a" mob not "the" mob.

:coffee:

N

NPcomplete

Pro-tip from Ti: the title says "a" mob not "the" mob.

:coffee:

So... it has come to this. "The" mob can be used to describe a crowd. "Mob" on the other hand is used to denote the mafia.
/closes kindle dictionary
/lies in wait for Saturned to make her next move

I am sure you are just jealous because I was able to write "mischief managed :yesss:". :thelook:

Anyway, I am off to sleep-dream-read my book. Have some more "coffee".

:cheese:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I suppose i could be part of a mob if i felt violated with regards to something i valued highly such as my freedom.

G

garbage

I wouldn't join a mob. In fact, I would use my extensive martial arts training to single-handedly take down every member of a mob if it ran counter to my interests.

I think that people rarely ever consider themselves to be part of a mob, or outright decide that they will be part of a mob. It's something that just seems to happen.

Relevant: Asch's experiments on conformity

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like loud protests. They're cathartic and pretty damn fun, and I get to run and shout without anyone considering me mad. If they're for a cause I actually support, all the better.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like loud protests. They're cathartic and pretty damn fun, and I get to run and shout without anyone considering me mad. If they're for a cause I actually support, all the better.

ohh yep.
you just confirmed it to be Te mentality, which ive noticed to flow high in intj forum.

but on that regard, yes its the best way to convince Te's of the truth.
for example, pirate party is obviously the only scientific political party out on this planet, but Te's dont listen to truth, they listen to numbers.
thus we have pirate party mobs formed to rise our numbers, tactfully.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no... I hate crowds and loud noise... probably not exactly characteristics that are desired in riot participators :laugh:

redacted

I could probably be a part of a mob -- the studies on diffusion of responsibility are just so counterintuitive that I don't trust my gut feeling that I would be an exception to some rule.