• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Feminine Ideal

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
FWIW I've always thought earrings are a barbaric, repulsive practice. Aren't there already enough jewelry-wearing options without stabbing a couple of fucking holes into your ears? Surely the ears are already irredeemably unsexy for both men and women?
I don't really like them, and I have a similar opinion of them.

However, ears can be (and often are) attractive.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really like them, and I have a similar opinion of them.

However, ears can be (and often are) attractive.

o.o how are ears attractive? the only way i can think of is that:

ear---> jaw ----> neck ---> keep going down and fill in the rest

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When they each stick out through an interstice in long, straight hair worn down -- for one instance, at least.

...how is that attractive?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It has hair growing out of its ears. That's not considered attractive anywhere. Except in some parts of India, where people grow hair on their ears to an unusual length and appear to be quite proud of it.

View attachment 263

that man seems like a tortured soul.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Smaller, touching them when nuzzling... Sorry, niffer, no clue how to explain it better. It's weird, I know.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Smaller, touching them when nuzzling... Sorry, niffer, no clue how to explain it better. It's weird, I know.

I feel the same way with my hamster.:wubbie: Transluscent ears are cool.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, nuzzle that hamster! It's one of those weird things that I like to do - nuzzle ears...

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Part of the charm is that the girl with like ears doesn't understand, either.

Hmm. I have fine, straight hair and big ears, and have always had this problem. I grouped it with the rest of my faults:
Pale skin? check.
Glasses? check.
Fine, flat hair? check.
Big ears? check.
Big ears poking through fine hair? check.
Bookworm? check.
Clumsy? check.
Tendency to be oblivious? check.

So strange to think there are people who like that. :shock:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
So strange to think there are people who like that.
Eye of the beholder, and all that. Nothing on your list is a disfigurement. It's not as if I said that I went for cockeyes and clubfeet.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Eye of the beholder, and all that. Nothing on your list is a disfigurement. It's not as if I said that I went for cockeyes and clubfeet.

Yes....

And that sounded unbelievably cute to me, Faith. :yes:

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
I have to say that I can sometimes be disgusted by females that don't "take care of themselves" physically up to the standard. I find it hard to look at people with chapped, bleeding lips, unibrows, and/or the morbidly obese and imagine that they take care of and feel good about themselves. Especially ones that have had the condition for years without improvement. If they don't care for themselves, why should I care for them? If they aren't trying to constantly improve themselves, how can they improve society?

Originally Posted by PARK
To not take a large interest in ones physicall appearence doesn't equal not caring for oneself in generel.

To not constantly try to improve ones physicall appearence doesn't equal not constantly try to improve oneself.

To not place visual physical appearence high on ones list of priorities, doesn't equal a lacking ability to improve society.

I do agree that being *morbidly obese* is a serious physicall disadvantage though on more than just a cosmetic level.

I have to say that I can sometimes be disgusted by females that don't "take care of themselves" physically up to the standard. I find it hard to look at people with chapped, bleeding lips, unibrows, and/or the morbidly obese and imagine that they take care of and feel good about themselves. Especially ones that have had the condition for years without improvement. If they don't care for themselves, why should I care for them? If they aren't trying to constantly improve themselves, how can they improve society?

Originally Posted by Toonia
Care for them to teach them 'how' to care for themselves. Self-respect has to first be modeled to someone before they can comprehend it. Treat someone with respect and it will increase their own self-respect. It's not correct to assume that everyone knows how to value themselves. People who have been treated as though they are garbage from the time they are children come from a context that is difficult-to-impossible for someone to comprehend who has been valued and taken care of properly.

It's funny when two different people and types spot and quote the same few lines in a post. Very differet tings we choose to exphazise.

Last edited:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm. I have fine, straight hair and big ears, and have always had this problem. I grouped it with the rest of my faults:
As a male, I believe I am uniquely suited to comment on your faults in an objective way. Granted I can't recall how you look, but...

Pale skin? check.
Attractive. The paler, the better.

Glasses? check.
Near-sighted girls are as good, if not better, than normal-sighted ones.

Fine, flat hair? check.
Fine and flat is great.

Big ears? check.
Nothing wrong with big ears, although smaller is associated with youth.

Big ears poking through fine hair? check.
Ears poking through fine hair is pretty hot, actually.

Bookworm? check.
This is why you're near-sighted. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Clumsy? check.
Tendency to be oblivious? check.
Reminds me of a certain female character that I found to be the ideal woman...

So strange to think there are people who like that. :shock:
Hey, people claim I'm not as ugly as I think I am. I am almost certain they're lying, but they do it anyway.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
... It's funny when two different people and types spot and quote the same few lines in a post. Very differet tings we choose to exphazise.
That was kinda cool.

One interesting tidbit related to the topic is this: Beethoven was reported to be quite slovenly. It was even said that he never changed clothes and his friends would occasionally sneak into his filthy apt. throw out the old clothes and leave new. He never noticed.