• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Feminine Ideal

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
That was kinda cool.

One interesting tidbit related to the topic is this: Beethoven was reported to be quite slovenly. It was even said that he never changed clothes and his friends would occasionally sneak into his filthy apt. throw out the old clothes and leave new. He never noticed.

Heh, my husband and mother actually does that to me - they sneak into my wardrobe and throw away the little clothes I have if they think it's got too many holes. I'm decent looking today (at least I think so) but I've had many years where I looked a bit like a bum. I was using my energy on many interesting projects and visual appearence just had very low priority. It wasn't before my husband started to get grumpy at me for not haveing any clothes for going out (hehe cool, does that mean I can stay at home then?:D ).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
htb said:
When they each stick out through an interstice in long, straight hair worn down -- for one instance, at least.
What? There are people who like this?

Wow.

Fairies and pixies are often seen with their ears peeking through their hair. There is often sensuality intertwined with fairy and pixie myths. Hair falling around the ear also can imply a certain amount of delicacy. Ears are sensitive, they can represent 'listening', they involve a great deal of intimacy through whispering and touching. Having a peek at them could be very sensual.

This is the best pic I could find in a reasonable amount of time. Her ears are a bit harsh, but the idea of it is there...

Compassionate%20Fairy2%204x5sm.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, my husband and mother actually does that to me - they sneak into my wardrobe and throw away the little clothes I have if they think it's got too many holes. I'm decent looking today (at least I think so) but I've had many years where I looked a bit like a bum. I was using my energy on many interesting projects and visual appearence just had very low priority. It wasn't before my husband started to get grumpy at me for not haveing any clothes for going out (hehe cool, does that mean I can stay at home then?:D ).
:party2: I'm guessing Beethoven was a very strong INT. His music suggests J, but his lifestyle P. Not sure what wins out in that regard.

Most of the time I wear my Eeyore sweatshirt and grey sweatpants. Although I have a wardrobe of pretty stuff now which I enjoy thinking about more than wearing. It does come in handy for going to work, though. Throwing on something 'lovely' goes a long way to people behaving more cooperatively.