• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you prefer to hear the good news or the bad news first?

Do you prefer to hear the good news or the bad news first?

• Total voters

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad news, of course.
good news = no threat
bad news = threat.

evolutionarily it makes no sense to prefer the good news first. It's less important.

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bad first. Whatever the bad contains generally requires more urgent attention than the good. It's also nice to get the bad out of the way first so that the good can help cushion the blow.

Good then Bad is more Negativistic (Ends in a negative; "That's great news, but I wish blank could've worked out better/didn't happen")
Bad then Good is more Optimistic (Ends in a positive; "That's terrible news, but at least I've got blank")

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
bad news, of course.
good news = no threat
bad news = threat.

evolutionarily it makes no sense to prefer the good news first. It's less important.

As a the guy that regularly has to hold things togather I have to generally agree. Negative is more important.

However there is a differnet side of the medal: hearing good news may confirm reduced threat level and that means that resources can be rearranged better for the new situation. As long as you get both sides in a single package it doesn't really matter in most situations.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good news first, actually.

At least if I hear the good news first, I can enjoy it a few seconds. Whenever I hear bad news first, I don't give a fuck about the good news anymore.