• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oxytocin induces Extroverted traits, better than Alcohol

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://dvice.com/archives/2012/01/oxytocin-helps.php

'Alcohol has long been revered for its power to get pretty anyone, after enough, to dance the "Macarena." It turns out that the hormone oxytocin might do the same thing — help people feel more extroverted — without the problems associated with alcohol, such as drunk driving, physiological damage and ordering pizza at 3 A.M.

In a study authored by Christopher Cardoso, participants inhaled either a placebo or the hormone oxytocin, which is the "bonding hormone" that sees a spike in women after childbirth. It is thought to help mothers bond with their children, but the study shows it also makes people feel more extroverted.

Again, it makes people feel more extroverted; it doesn't necessarily make them more extroverted. It's a perception-changing hormone, but that difference in perception can obviously lead to someone acting differently.'

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm.. cool. I wonder if could help people with stuff like social anxiety then.

xisnotx

Permabanned
alcohol makes me want to cry.

i usually drink some then go hang out with all the other criers in the kitchen at parties. usually only girls...very few guys. i never actually cry, mind you, but im saddened. i dont want to dance at all when drinking.

the girls usually spill their hearts out lol...mostly about how life is hard...

perhaps oxycotin would make me feel what others do while drinking...though im becoming wary of any drug induced state...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i usually drink some then go hang out with all the other criers in the kitchen at parties. usually only girls...very few guys. i never actually cry, mind you, but im saddened. i dont want to dance at all when drinking.

perhaps oxycotin would make me feel what others do while drinking...though im becoming wary of any drug induced state...

:D I like that too, but it mostly makes me very relaxed.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't tend to cry or dance. But I'm normally on the giggler's couch with the giggly drunks.

xisnotx

Permabanned
lol...at least i make mistakes in the right sort of areas

ah yes, the gigglers. i always wonder what the hell is so funny.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yes, it has anxiety and fear relieving effect, its actually being studied if it could be used as a drug for social anxiety. Basically it makes you more at ease with your surroundings, helps on strenghtening trust and bond between people. The E and oxytosin thing is quite old news, its not something that turned out in this study, this just validated it more with the study.

But the problem with this is that(at least in some countries), you cant get oxytosin without prescription and its pretty much only used to trigger labor in cases where the baby refuses to come out fast enough.

But you can get it from your brains also, its released on sex(and pleasant touch in general, like massage, hugginh, kissing), when breast feeding a baby(milk comes out better) and when giving birth.

V

violaine

I wonder if oxytocin is why I love hugs and physical touch so much? I often remark that I could never be addicted to a substance because I'm addicted to physical touch, (so perhaps I am indeed addicted to a substance.)

I don't drink alcohol often but the only sensation I've reliably felt after drinking is intense hunger!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol...at least i make mistakes in the right sort of areas

ah yes, the gigglers. i always wonder what the hell is so funny.

the cryers are funny.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Well, I am not pregnant… That just leaves one other thing… Hm.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I pay no attention to those jealous detractors who declare that oxytocin is old news. Of course oxytocin has very well-known effects, and in fact I work in an environment where oxytocin is dispensed on a daily basis. However, that doesn't mean that all the effects have been studied. The relevance to mentioning the present study on this forum is to typology, and even though oxytocin cannot change an introvert into an extrovert, it can help an introvert with social discomfort.

But one possibility not mentioned in the article is that of using oxytocin to help with so-called stage-fright, a wide-spread phenomenon not limited to introverts.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Where can I get this?! :happy2:

But seriously, I don't know that lack of extroversion is the only problem; inhibition is also a major factor. I'm not entirely sure that oxytocin would have an effect on that. A fair amount of alcohol manages to do both for me. Not that I self-medicate like that on a regular basis; I've hardly ever done it in the last few years.

I wonder if it will leave you the same feelings of mortification in the morning ("OMG, I can't believe I said that?!" :doh: )

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where can I get this?! :happy2:

But seriously, I don't know that lack of extroversion is the only problem; inhibition is also a major factor. I'm not entirely sure that oxytocin would have an effect on that. A fair amount of alcohol manages to do both for me. Not that I self-medicate like that on a regular basis; I've hardly ever done it in the last few years.

I wonder if it will leave you the same feelings of mortification in the morning ("OMG, I can't believe I said that?!" :doh: )

Yes, oxytocin is better than alcohol so it is obviously better at creating such feelings the morning after.

The inhibition you referred to is more of a low-level extraversion factor, it doesn't apply to high-level extraverts or to introverts.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PLEASE READ THIS: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304394008007568

I've administered exogenous oxytocin to myself in an effort to reduce my blood pressure during a period of very high stress in my life.
I purchased it from a well known Canadian company that synthesizes pepetides of various kinds for various research purposes.
In short, my blood pressure (usually 120/80 OR Less - BUT during a very stressful episodee of my life @ 140/100) went back down to 120/80 after only two administrations of the peptide mixed with bacteriostastic water, provided by the supplier, my blood pressure returned to 120/80 OR Less. :solidarity:

I also felt a sense of clamness/well being that had no distinguishable origin, but was welcome nonetheless at that point in my life.

I continued therapy for 30 days while modifying my diet and cardiovascular exercise accordingly, and my blood pressure returned to normal WITHOUT thue use of ANY hypertension drugs.

I am NOT ADVOCATING that ANYONE TRY THIS.

I am simply stating my own life experience.
The stuff is real.
It does what it says it does.
There is a vast shortage though on what amount of administration should be used for such purposes considering the research done to date has been limited and often targeted at non-human species.

Do not buy anything from a non-verified provider. Your health is at risk if you do. This is not a game.

:solidarity:

-Alex

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
PLEASE READ THIS: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304394008007568

I've administered exogenous oxytocin to myself in an effort to reduce my blood pressure during a period of very high stress in my life.
I purchased it from a well known Canadian company that synthesizes pepetides of various kinds for various research purposes.
In short, my blood pressure (usually 120/80 OR Less - BUT during a very stressful episodee of my life @ 140/100) went back down to 120/80 after only two administrations of the peptide mixed with bacteriostastic water, provided by the supplier, my blood pressure returned to 120/80 OR Less. :solidarity:

So you drank the mixture?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So you drank the mixture?

No, it's not that simple.

You must mix it up much like insulin, where each mg of poweder (in this case Oxytocin) would be mixed with "X" cc's of bacteriostatic water.
Then you have to admnister it via subcutaneous injection, just like an insulin shot.
It's painless.
There are other peptide products that have gained widespread popularity such as "Melanotan 2" ; "PT-141" ; "CJC1295 with DAC" ; etc.
This is a booming industry.
Google the items I noted above and you will see how widespread the use of these peptides are to achieve one or more life benefits.
This is essentially manipulation of the body's biochemistry via peptides created by recombinatn DNA technology in sterile laboratory conditions.
Orthodpedic surgeons use "bone morphogenic protein" (a peptide) to accelarate spinal fusions.
Doctors use HGH (human growth hormone) to induce gorwth in children living with dwarfism to allow them to reach near normal height and stature.
And of course, there are designer uses, like Anna Nicole Smith using HGH to lose weight. Silliest shit ever, IMHO.
Anyway, look it up.
PM me if any relevant questions.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes, it has anxiety and fear relieving effect, its actually being studied if it could be used as a drug for social anxiety. Basically it makes you more at ease with your surroundings, helps on strenghtening trust and bond between people. The E and oxytosin thing is quite old news, its not something that turned out in this study, this just validated it more with the study.

But the problem with this is that(at least in some countries), you cant get oxytosin without prescription and its pretty much only used to trigger labor in cases where the baby refuses to come out fast enough.

But you can get it from your brains also, its released on sex(and pleasant touch in general, like massage, hugginh, kissing), when breast feeding a baby(milk comes out better) and when giving birth.

The problem I see with this is the awfully short half-life of Oxytocin. Unless you are constantly sniffing this stuff (or constantly getting shots) the effects will wear down quite fast.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The problem I see with this is the awfully short half-life of Oxytocin.

Regardless of the short half-life, the pronounced effects of lowering blood pressure were realized w/in 48 hours of administration, and also blood pressure remained lower than normal for the rats that were normally hypertensive for a significant amount of time after cessation of admnistration.

Unless you are constantly sniffing this stuff (or constantly getting shots) the effects will wear down quite fast.

This is an assumption at best.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The problem I see with this is the awfully short half-life of Oxytocin. Unless you are constantly sniffing this stuff (or constantly getting shots) the effects will wear down quite fast.

Oxytosin doesent work like valium. While valium just numbs you, thus reliefs anxiety, oxytosin helps you to create trusting bond with the people. This bond doesent just disappear after oxytosin wears off. Lets say you are meeting your new boss for the first time and feel anxiwty over it, oxytosin helps on breaking the ice and create bond with the boss and once you start to bond with someone, you naturally wont feel anxious meeting the person in the future. Valium on the other hand just numbs you, so if you numb yourself first time you meet the boss, you will most likely feel anxiety the next time also or start to feel anxious when the effects wear off. Using natural hormones is totally different thing from using some unnatural drugs.