• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes a poster popular?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Uhh...I like people who agree with me. All the time. Unquestioningly.

Oh, and call me "Great Leader".

(And chocolate.)

So if any of you are running for some kind of MBTIc office, you know where to find me.

Err, hello great chocolate leader!!

(did I follow the instructions properly?)

ygolo

My termites win
Err, hello great chocolate leader!!

(did I follow the instructions properly?)

I think it's more like:

"Oh CzeCze, Great Leader (and chocolate) could you please make me popular?"

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I think on this forum each participating member has a following of some sort. The extroverted people tend to stand out more because they are usually just as expressive online as they are irl therefore charming the pants off us online as well. ;) A particular pink omnivorous freshwater fish immediately springs to my mind as being quite popular round these parts, not to mention asstastic! :alttongue:

Rasa

MBTI Type
INFP
You've gotta admit, the 'net has it all. Found a website titled "How to Become Popular if You Are Weird and a Girl," which advises:
  • Be confident
  • Be nice
  • Practice good hygiene
  • Look cute
  • Learn to be a little normal sometimes
  • Have fun

It also offers the following tips:
  • Know how to handle gossip
  • Wash hair with lotion sometimes to keep it extra soft
  • Join a club, but not one of the creepy messed up ones that the popular girls wouldn't want to associate with
  • Don't pick on people
  • Never change your personality...Just cut down the 'weirdness'

There it is, folks. No need for further discussion. I'm off to vaseline my hair and shred my Dungeons & Dragons Lifetime Member card.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
omg. How do you people just accept the system so readily? It baffles me that one would do nothing to fix it. A system that forces conformity, when nonconformity can be a GOOD thing, is an inefficient system.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
omg. How do you people just accept the system so readily? It baffles me that one would do nothing to fix it. A system that forces conformity, when nonconformity can be a GOOD thing, is an inefficient system.

What system? And what do you suggest as a substitute for it?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Setting an example. I am trying to be the change I want to see in the world. Are you?

I posted earlier, the fastest way to fame is by imitating me. CAUTION: this is also the fastest way to being ignored by some.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Whatever!!! I cannot believe you're posting on a "popularity" thread!

:run::run::run:

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
You've gotta admit, the 'net has it all. Found a website titled "How to Become Popular if You Are Weird and a Girl," which advises:
  • Be confident
  • Be nice
  • Practice good hygiene
  • Look cute
  • Learn to be a little normal sometimes
  • Have fun

It also offers the following tips:
  • Know how to handle gossip
  • Wash hair with lotion sometimes to keep it extra soft
  • Join a club, but not one of the creepy messed up ones that the popular girls wouldn't want to associate with
  • Don't pick on people
  • Never change your personality...Just cut down the 'weirdness'

There it is, folks. No need for further discussion. I'm off to vaseline my hair and shred my Dungeons & Dragons Lifetime Member card.

LOL! Cracks me up. :D Ok, pass the leave-in conditioner; I'm almost out.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
... I worked so hard on the "look cute", but it just doesn't work out for me...

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
And what makes a popular poster?

And do RL popular people tend to be popular online, too?

Fe: Knowing what your audience wants, and delivering just enough to keep them wanting more.

Fi: Holding fast to yourself, come hell or high water, and attracting an admiring crowd. Or maybe, a popcorn-chewing crowd seeking to live vicariously through you.

Comes down to understanding. Others. And yourself.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Fe: Knowing what your audience wants, and delivering just enough to keep them wanting more.

Fi: Holding fast to yourself, come hell or high water, and attracting an admiring crowd. Or maybe, a popcorn-chewing crowd seeking to live vicariously through you.

Comes down to understanding. Others. And yourself.

... all F-skills. INTP's are doomed. Is that why we claim not to care? We do care, but always get disappointed and thus become cynical? Hm, that sounds so pathetic...:ohmy: