• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyzing humor - Which of these jokes tickle your funny bone and why?

yupitsme

MBTI Type
intx
1. My girlfriend mixed up the phone number for her dentist with the number for her gynecologist. Now her vagina has teeth and her breath smells like fish.

2. Next time someone asks you how youre doing say "I was better before the murders. Who knew anger management was so unreliable when I skip my meds. Oh well. Did you want to get together in that abandoned warehouse on 5th and 81st? I go there after dark sometimes. If your free, then please, come alone, dont tell anyone, and NO COPS

3. Having sex once a week can improve your immune function by 30 percent. I told my wife "My immune system's low. Assume the position." She said "Youre sick" I said "No but I could be. Bend please. Quick. The sniffles must be stopped"

4. Having a bottomless pit can make you hungry. Having a topless fruit can get you arrested.

5. I got a dog for my grandmother. That seems like a fair trade.

6. I asked my wife "Are you free tonite?" She said "No its gonna cost you"

7. I am trying to teach my dog some tricks but she keeps dropping the cards

8. My watchdog just watched a burgler take the stereo.

9. My wife said "I love you" I thought that was sweet. Turns out I was right. She was talking to the chocolate cake.

10. Hey did you get her number? Yes I did. Well what is it? Six. What is six? How many times she sad no !

11. I had a minor accident in the car that left skid marks. What on the road? No in my shorts!

12. You might be lonely if you travel just for the airport pat down

13. Indian girl asks the chief "how do you come up with our indian names?" Chief says when you're born we run out of the tee pee and the first thing we see, thats your name. She says "thank you chief buffalo chip" He says "No problem two dogs humping"

14. My buddy told me he got kicked out of of the hotel for peeing in the pool. I said "whats the big deal, lots of kids pee in the pool." He said "from the fourteenth floor?"

15. You might be lonely if you ever played leap frog with a unicorn and hoped for an accident

16. My dentist asked me if I wanted my cavity filled. I say yes of course. So he spun me around and shoved a dildo in my ass.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really didn't find any of them very funny. Very slightly amusing in a couple cases, but only the extent that I'd (try to) force a laugh if a friend was telling the joke.

I really dislike puns, that's probably the problem.

(sorry, if you came up with them)

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of them made me smile, but I actually chuckled at 2 and 14. :)

Mole

Permabanned
Bad Taste and Humour

There's humour and there's bad taste.

Adolescents sometimes mistake bad taste for humour.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I thought number 2 was funny. It combines social inappropriateness with some element of the unexpected.

yupitsme

MBTI Type
intx
There's humour and there's bad taste.

Adolescents sometimes mistake bad taste for humour.

I'll bet youre fun at parties. Are you the one that stamps those big red "rejected" impressions on loan applications?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, like [MENTION=6894]Asterion[/MENTION] said, these jokes are (almost) all pretty much the same joke but with different subjects subbed in.

The closest one to funny for me was #12 (slightly different formula from the others).

Not sure if this thread is about humour in general/what types find funny in general or just those jokes in particular. If the former,

ok, so I just wanted to use a spoiler like everyone else. :D

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't really find any of them funny.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ones worth noting:

Number 1 sparked a fear that I have, I didn't like it. It was gross.

Number 2 was amusing and similar remarks could potentially cause a WTF? response that puts a smile to my face.

Number 5 was probably my favorite. (Or rather jokes like it.)

Number 6 was also pretty funny.

Number 13 is not as amusing as how Chinese people name their kids.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
mostly the crude humor turned me off. only 5 really made me laugh. 15 just makes me cringe in imagined pain.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
8 was slightly funny

14 was bit less funny

Others were waste of time to read.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2. Next time someone asks you how youre doing say "I was better before the murders. Who knew anger management was so unreliable when I skip my meds. Oh well. Did you want to get together in that abandoned warehouse on 5th and 81st? I go there after dark sometimes. If your free, then please, come alone, dont tell anyone, and NO COPS
This is the only one that amused me much at all, partly because it is not really a joke, but more of a humorously twisted retort to the usual empty social pleasantries. Like Ü, I am amused by the reactions this kind of comment can generate.

The rest are either crude, predictable, banal, lacking in subtlety or real cleverness. And for the record, I do enjoy puns.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the only one that amused me much at all, partly because it is not really a joke, but more of a humorously twisted retort to the usual empty social pleasantries. Like Ü, I am amused by the reactions this kind of comment can generate.
Weird that this one is so popular. I've seen so,so many people joke along these lines that it's not amusing/surprising anymore - myself included, back in the day. To me it is pretty much "empty social pleasantry" in some circles. Maybe I just have weird friends/self so I've been burned out...

Mole

Permabanned
I'll bet youre fun at parties. Are you the one that stamps those big red "rejected" impressions on loan applications?

Are you trying to pick a fight with me after only two posts?

Perhaps you have picked the wrong guy as I don't engage in arguments rather I take the opportunity to express myself across the world.

Should you take the same opportunity, I will be happy to listen to you.