• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mania

G

garbage

Manic phases kind of feel like Pac-Man to me.

[YOUTUBE="hXOFb-wflxE"].[/YOUTUBE]

It's all.. GOTTA GET THE DOTS, GOTTA GET DOTS, TURN HERE GET DOTS, OH, SHIT, GHOST GOTTA GET DOTS DOTS DOTS

DOTS
DOTS

I went almost 48 hours without sleep and still didn't really feel tired. I managed to get some, though!

That's all. Thanks for reading.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, someone is really good at pacman!

DOTS!

clandestine

lol. that's cool!

Sometimes I have subtle mania which makes me feel like a huge tree on a very windy day, moved by uncompromising force.
Mostly it feels like I cannot contain it yet I can't express it, and like a moth trapped in a glass jar, fluttering out of breath.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've never experience mania, so I can't say what it's like.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Whoa...that sounds like my day-to-day life. :laugh: Maybe I'm just in a perpetual state of mania.

I gotta admit I got pretty stressed out a few times in that video. He was SO CLOSE to getting eaten!

MayaBroman

MBTI Type
INFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can relate to the pac-man thing, when I feel hypo-manic I feel there's no limit and no ground beneath my feet, like nothing concrete can fulfill the insane drive that is so hard to satiate. Does that even make sense?

G

garbage

Whoa...that sounds like my day-to-day life. :laugh: Maybe I'm just in a perpetual state of mania.

I gotta admit I got pretty stressed out a few times in that video. He was SO CLOSE to getting eaten!
I was somewhat nagging one of my (pretty obvious ENTP) students about his perpetual excitement and his inability to sleep.

And then this happened to me and I now understand better how he thinks. Interesting how that works. :popc1:

I can relate to the pac-man thing, when I feel hypo-manic I feel there's no limit and no ground beneath my feet, like nothing concrete can fulfill the insane drive that is so hard to satiate. Does that even make sense?

Yup. I'd say that it's pretty much feeling the need to continually burn off our energy. The problem, I think, is that we don't have as much energy to burn as we think we do when we're in this state.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm... ok so let me attempt to describe.

For me it's like a hundred voices shouting contradictory instructions and suggestions in my mind, hysterical laughter, adrenaline, a multitude of directions...pathways. Often confusion. Sometimes a single thought will take over but usually i am acting on many thoughts simultaneously. It can get very loud and can be dangerous but the danger is thrilling.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I was somewhat nagging one of my (pretty obvious ENTP) students about his perpetual excitement and his inability to sleep.

Hahaha...I guess that's an ENTP thing, then. :laugh: I kind of just thought I was a freak of nature.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always wondered what this felt like. Thanks for sharing.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
haha....the ending is so right on. All that mania and it's just OVER. seems about right.

I feel like that at work sometimes- the big dots are phone calls and lunch breaks, and a fag if you smoke LOL

MayaBroman

MBTI Type
INFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
In answer to bologna:

Exactly. Perfectly said. I feel there's more mental energy than physical and the mind seems to surpass matter and reality. I wonder what the solution could be!

clandestine

Hmmm... ok so let me attempt to describe.

For me it's like a hundred voices shouting contradictory instructions and suggestions in my mind, hysterical laughter, adrenaline, a multitude of directions...pathways. Often confusion. Sometimes a single thought will take over but usually i am acting on many thoughts simultaneously. It can get very loud and can be dangerous but the danger is thrilling.

incredible description, translated so well!

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been Maniac before.

However, I'd imagine it's like being hyper and feeling good at the same time.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been Maniac before.

However, I'd imagine it's like being hyper and feeling good at the same time.

It's like you need five selves to think your thoughts for you and follow through with everything that you want to do or any train of thought at any given moment. But since you can't have five selves, it's just annoying. It's like yourself on all kinds of different parallel dimensions coming together and trying to talk to each other in one brain.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's like you need five selves to think your thoughts for you and follow through with everything that you want to do or any train of thought at any given moment. But since you can't have five selves, it's just annoying. It's like yourself on all kinds of different parallel dimensions coming together and trying to talk to each other in one brain.

Ah I see well, thanks for elaborating on it.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hahaha, that's perfect. Great way to describe it.

I usually only have hypo-manic episodes, which I personally think are great. :D

But when I have a full-blown manic episode it is just like that.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think I'm experiencing this at the moment. Everyone, yall need to try this mania business.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
to me it's more of a feeling of I AM THE QUEEN OF THE FUCKING WORLD AND IF YOU MESS WITH ME I WILL FUCK YOU UP BECAUSE I'M THAT INCREDIBLY AWESOME AT EVERYTHING THAT I EVER DO AND YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!!!!!! :2ar15:

the feeling that I totally rock and that everything I will touch will turn into gold and somehow the funny part of that is that I work sales and when you go into it with that attitude you WILL rock so it ends up reaffirming my beliefs in all of that :doh: I also tend to throw around money because I'm kicking so much ass that I am making money even faster than I'm spending it :blush:

fortunately it's been getting better now that I've been actually taking better care of myself :)