• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Psycho-Class

Mole

Permabanned
Spontaneity is the essence of pleasure.

But spontaneity is a two edged sword.

For spontaneity means letting go of control for a while, and allowing spontaneity to come out to play.

But some of us are low, cheap and nasty and spontaneity allows this to come out to play.

On the other hand some of us are noble and full of delight. And spontaneity also allows this to come out to play.

So the most important thing in allowing spontaneous pleasure is to choose the right environment.

And choosing the right environment means choosing the right people.

And who are the right people?

The right ones are those who have benefited from the helping mode of child rearing.

And the ones to avoid are those from the sacrificial, the abusive or the authoritian modes of child rearing.

So of the four psycho-classes we need to choose the psycho-class that can enjoy spontaneous pleasure.

Mole

Permabanned
The History of Childhood

We all know our life chances depend on whether we come from the underclass, the working class, the middle class or the class of owners. But the effect of our psycho-class remains unknown to us.

In fact our psycho-class remains invisible to us even though we are members of a site devoted to psychology.

And yet the History of Childhood makes it crystal clear that child rearing practices determine our personality.

Yes, the History of Childhood makes it clear that child rearing practices determine our psycho-class.

So why do we not know what psycho-class we belong to?

Is our childrearing too painful to explore?

redacted

Spontaneity is the essence of pleasure.

But spontaneity is a two edged sword.

For spontaneity means letting go of control for a while, and allowing spontaneity to come out to play.

But some of us are low, cheap and nasty and spontaneity allows this to come out to play.

On the other hand some of us are noble and full of delight. And spontaneity also allows this to come out to play.

So the most important thing in allowing spontaneous pleasure is to choose the right environment.

And choosing the right environment means choosing the right people.

And who are the right people?

The right ones are those who have benefited from the helping mode of child rearing.

And the ones to avoid are those from the sacrificial, the abusive or the authoritian modes of child rearing.

So of the four psycho-classes we need to choose the psycho-class that can enjoy spontaneous pleasure.

I'm with you except the bolded conclusions. Are you a believer in tabula rasa?

To say that someone's personality is determined by their parents' actions ignores all other environmental factors during childhood -- peers, for example.

I've found that some of the best people I know had authoritative borderline-abusive parents. And some of the most out of control people I know had extremely accepting parents. There are just so many other factors.

Mole

Permabanned
Psychohistory

I'm with you except the bolded conclusions. Are you a believer in tabula rasa?

To say that someone's personality is determined by their parents' actions ignores all other environmental factors during childhood -- peers, for example.

I've found that some of the best people I know had authoritative borderline-abusive parents. And some of the most out of control people I know had extremely accepting parents. There are just so many other factors.

Yes, you are quite right on an individual basis, there are many variables influencing an individual's personality.

However in the History of Childhood we are looking at whole classes of people over millennia.

So you might be interested in reading, "The Foundations of Psychohistory", by Lloyd DeMause, by clicking on -

http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/contents.htm