• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
28 out of 36.
I think some of that is because I'm a bit paranoid, and tend to misinterpret body language as more hostile than it is anyway.
That was kinda cool.

N

NPcomplete

34, INFP.

Haha I found myself thinking of stories for the different expressions. :weirdbanana:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

and I suspect that the test was designed by a man since all pictures for flirtation and desire were of women :thelook:

I think that every one I missed was a woman :doh:

The pics of women were bullshit. They were all models from beauty campaigns where the woman is acting sexy, seductive, or 'modelesque'. 3/4 of the women's eyes were some variation of "vacuous/bored/mysterious". C'mon.

The intent was all acting so it's misleading to ask someone 'what were they thinking'. How would the man who made this or any man (or woman) know what the woman was thinking or trying to convey? I got at least 3 wrong with the women's eyes that I call BS on. Some of the eyes of older men were harder to read.

Mole

Permabanned
The Seeing Eye Person

Look into your eyes; look into your eyes in the mirror, and tell me the expression on your face.

Those eyes you are looking into are my eyes - it's just that you are, by necessity, my seeing eye person.

I can't see you personally, so I rely upon you to look deeply into the mirror and tell me what you see.

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
34 of the 36.
I'm quite proud of that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
same as you...31 out of 36. the ones i got wrong were ones i was going back n forth between two of them and picked wrong. :/

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I only scored 21. :cry: I'm bad at this sort of thing. I'd much rather have people just come out and tell me how they feel rather than just trying to guess.

How is it that almost everyone here finds this test easy? I certainly didn't find it easy. For most of them, I never felt totally sure, I could rule out 1 or 2 options but not narrow it down to just one.

Its not that I'm incapable of telling how someone's feels if they don't explicity tell me. I guess I'm one of those who goes more by body language or tone of voice than eyes.

Oh, I also suspect I have mild aspergers but that's for another thread.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Maybe you shouldn't do the test short before you go to sleep, or I am just really having Asperger's... had 19 or so.

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ

I had to attribute some motive behind it. The ones I mixed up were curiosity with defiant. Or things like "fearful" with "excited" or something.
I heard somewhere we look to a person's left eye to establish the mood, dog's do this also and thus there quick to react emotional bond with humans in a way..but if you really study the face and look at both eyes it'll either confuse you more or convince you.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
35 out of 36. Easy as fuck.

Also, I found that the women were easier to read than the men. Larger eyes on smoother faces (and with manicured eyebrows, which allow you to see the exact arc of their expression) is going to be easier to read in general, as their expression is not obscured by the shit all around their face. The one I got wrong was the one with the youngish looking dude and it came down to either "playful" or "comforting," and I chose the latter. Actually, it was the very first question.

haha I got 35/36 too. And thought it was easy. Maybe we just know when women are interested!

Maybe you N types are thinking too much about it. Maybe just play like an SP and give the first answer that comes into your head.

E

Epiphany

I took this again a year later and got 30. Probably missed all of the same ones as last time. I like the test, but some of the words are too synonymous. Annoyed vs Upset? Okay...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I got 27/36.

What was up with the pictures of the women??? They all had perfectly done eyebrows, thick makeup, and they all looked seductive. I think I got a lot of the women wrong who didn't look as seductive because they didn't seem to have much of an expression.

On the other had, there were quite a large variety of men, none of them perfect. They looked normal and not overly horny.

E

Epiphany

I got 27/36.

What was up with the pictures of the women??? They all had perfectly done eyebrows, thick makeup, and they all looked seductive. I think I got a lot of the women wrong who didn't look as seductive because they didn't seem to have much of an expression.

On the other had, there were quite a large variety of men, none of them perfect. They looked normal and not overly horny.

Yes, many of the women do have a certain sexual allure.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
29, most misreads were on the females.

Brendon

The basic diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods,
carbohydrate is also assential part for the weight gain, The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown rice....

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
The basic diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods,
carbohydrate is also assential part for the weight gain, The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown rice....

uhmm...

also, this test was fun when i took it a while ago, so i approve of it being bumped for more people to take it.