• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I turned out okay... wait, you sure you're okay?

wolfy

awsm
Giggly posted something about being exposed to kissing parents or something... I can't quite remember. But anyway, she finished by saying she turned out okay. Giggly does seem okay to me, but who knows maybe we both have a few screws loose.

So...how do you know you're okay?

gromit

likes this
Haha no idea wolfy. Probably something about functioning on your own and being able to bond with others appropriately.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think erikson said it is to be successful at love and work.

i think if you're pursuing some kind of destiny and haven't killed more than a handful of people, you're probably okay. ;)

xisnotx

Permabanned
Getting through the day without having any mental hospital officials tapping you on your shoulder wanting to lock you up for being crazy=ok.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I say this sarcastically when someone asks me for relationship advice :laugh:

I suppose... I don't really know. I feel okay... my gut doesn't tell me there's something fundamentally wrong. So.. I suppose I'll just stick with that until something changes.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
don't ask me I apparently turned out wrong.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define "okay."

wolfy

awsm
Haha no idea wolfy. Probably something about functioning on your own and being able to bond with others appropriately.

What if they are all crazy too? They might be just hiding the fact and limiting interaction...

i think erikson said it is to be successful at love and work.

i think if you're pursuing some kind of destiny and haven't killed more than a handful of people, you're probably okay. ;)

Erikson may have been a few screws loose himself. How would we know?

I say this sarcastically when someone asks me for relationship advice :laugh:

I suppose... I don't really know. I feel okay... my gut doesn't tell me there's something fundamentally wrong. So.. I suppose I'll just stick with that until something changes.

Your gut and mind are in a feed back loop. Loop de loop could be loopy.

don't ask me I apparently turned out wrong.

Don't be like that. She'll be right, mate.

Define "okay."

That's the million dollar question isn't it?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol

I said I was okay in that thread because I don't think sex is gross nor am I a sexual deviant.

In terms of general mental/emotional health, I have "tender spots" that I'm working on but I think I'm okay otherwise. :)

G

Ginkgo

lol

I said I was okay in that thread because I don't think sex is gross nor am I a sexual deviant.

In terms of general mental/emotional health, I have "tender spots" that I'm working on but I think I'm okay otherwise. :)

Most people aren't sexual deviants. But most times the word "deviant behavior" is used, it deviates from the standard definition. "Deviant" behavior is just what most of us do behind closed doors.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know it's so funny when [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] does that- tries to mention about her supposed "normalcy"- I bet she's over there in her house in whatever town being abnormal. Never believe anyone on the internet.

:imok:

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm...sometimes I wonder if my ENTJ ex-boss' assumption that I have CAPD is true or not. Yeah, wonders if I have a screw loose but who doesn't think that at at least one point in their life?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most people aren't sexual deviants. But most times the word "deviant behavior" is used, it deviates from the standard definition. "Deviant" behavior is just what most of us do behind closed doors.

I agree. Funny you should mention that, I was just wondering about the word "Fetish". Like what's the difference between a sexual fetish and something that turns you on?

I know it's so funny when [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] does that- tries to mention about her supposed "normalcy"- I bet she's over there in her house in whatever town being abnormal. Never believe anyone on the internet.

I actually do think I'm weird, but once I realized that nobody ever thinks they're normal, my weirdness became normal.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Everyone has some sort of problem, so I suppose "okay" means that you do not hurt other people on purpose, and that you can have decent relationships with other people.

I have questioned several times in my life, "Did I turn out OK?" Then I think that I have managed to stay married for almost 20 years and have a great relationship and I think, OK, I can at least have a good relationship with the person I live with, so that must mean that I have some good emotional/relational stability. Then I start to question it - maybe he is just a really together guy who can handle me, when no one else can. Or maybe there is something wrong with both of us, but it works somehow, so it appears to be normal. Ah, too much time spent in the brain!

I just pray that I don't mess up my kids. I see my other friends do these foolish things to their children while they remain completely oblivious to what they have done. And I start to worry that I am messing up my children somehow, but don't know that I am doing it. How many people pray, "Lord, don't let me mess up my kids." I bet it's a lot.

It would be nice to define ok by my own standards and not have to worry about other people's standards, but as an INFJ, I have a feeling that will never quite happen successfully.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I know is that I could be worse.

wolfy

awsm
lol

What if it is the other way and your tender spots are okay? How many tender spots till we aren't okay? The mind boggles...

We are talking about okay. Okay?

I know it's so funny when Giggly does that- tries to mention about her supposed "normalcy"- I bet she's over there in her house in whatever town being abnormal. Never believe anyone on the internet.

Can you believe anyone any time? People seem to be defining okay by fitting into society. My question is... what if they all nuts? Or at least not telling you the truth... how many people would tell you are nuts? Not many.

Hm...sometimes I wonder if my ENTJ ex-boss' assumption that I have CAPD is true or not. Yeah, wonders if I have a screw loose but who doesn't think that at at least one point in their life?

Yeah... what's CAPD. Ironic that it is caps.

I am not okay but I hope to be some day

Good on ya.

I agree. Funny you should mention that, I was just wondering about the word "Fetish". Like what's the difference between a sexual fetish and something that turns you on?

I actually do think I'm weird, but once I realized that nobody ever thinks they're normal, my weirdness became normal.

The difference is you have to have it. Okay?

Everyone has some sort of problem, so I suppose "okay" means that you do not hurt other people on purpose, and that you can have decent relationships with other people.

I have questioned several times in my life, "Did I turn out OK?" Then I think that I have managed to stay married for almost 20 years and have a great relationship and I think, OK, I can at least have a good relationship with the person I live with, so that must mean that I have some good emotional/relational stability. Then I start to question it - maybe he is just a really together guy who can handle me, when no one else can. Or maybe there is something wrong with both of us, but it works somehow, so it appears to be normal. Ah, too much time spent in the brain!

I just pray that I don't mess up my kids. I see my other friends do these foolish things to their children while they remain completely oblivious to what they have done. And I start to worry that I am messing up my children somehow, but don't know that I am doing it. How many people pray, "Lord, don't let me mess up my kids." I bet it's a lot.

It would be nice to define ok by my own standards and not have to worry about other people's standards, but as an INFJ, I have a feeling that will never quite happen successfully.

Lord, don't let me mess up my kids.

:D You're a born psychiatrist, always answering a question with a question.

I almost said to define okay is the answer. That is right too.

All I know is that I could be worse.

Yeah, couldn't we all. Could be better to I s'pose.

We need an answer that scales and we can carry around with us. Not reliant on the environment, that never lasts.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think most people are ok, for the most part.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny you should mention that, I was just wondering about the word "Fetish". Like what's the difference between a sexual fetish and something that turns you on?

If it is a turn-on, it's a preference, something nice to have. A fetish is something you must have in order to function sexually. That, to the best of my knowledge, is the definition of a fetish.

EDIT: just did a little research: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_fetishism

There seems to be more than one form or definition though.