• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Awareness

T

ThatGirl

I just remembered I wanted to make this thread.

I have an idea, but I am not sure how much it pertains.

How aware are you of your physical, or emotional state at any given moment?

I am hyper aware, and I think this is why most people would call me an S.

I am hyper aware to the point, I will complain about cold symptoms a week before I develop the cold. Once developed, I move on.

I am aware to when I need to eat, and what. To what I feel, what it means, and how it effects everything. Today I refused a very small task, but I knew doing it in the frame of mind I was in would have led to a mistake, which I didnt want to be held accountable for. So I had to put my foot down.

But thats because I know me. Inside and out.

I wonder how many people here have that?

G

Glycerine

I am hyper aware of my physical state even to the point that that I can predict when I am going to start my period and choose when to start it within a 3 hour window (but birth control screws it up) and my body is really aware of the time. On the food thing, I am rather picky and will only eat as much as my body tells me. If I don't eat, that means that I am stressed out.

I am hyperaware of how others are feeling.... if something's really off even before they truly let on but not the best w/ myself.
Several psychologists have commented on how psychologically aware I seem to be and didn't seem to have much to add after that. :laugh:

I have really strong N and only moderate S.

T

ThatGirl

This supports my idea that Ns are not lacking S, they are hyper-aware.

G

Glycerine

Is it commonly believed that N's aren't aware or something? I am really spacey but I am also very aware of my body and psychological stimuli so I don't know.

A

Anew Leaf

I just remembered I wanted to make this thread.

I have an idea, but I am not sure how much it pertains.

How aware are you of your physical, or emotional state at any given moment?

I am hyper aware, and I think this is why most people would call me an S.

I am hyper aware to the point, I will complain about cold symptoms a week before I develop the cold. Once developed, I move on.

I am aware to when I need to eat, and what. To what I feel, what it means, and how it effects everything. Today I refused a very small task, but I knew doing it in the frame of mind I was in would have led to a mistake, which I didnt want to be held accountable for. So I had to put my foot down.

But thats because I know me. Inside and out.

I wonder how many people here have that?

I am highly aware of my emotional state most of the time.

I am highly aware of my physical state when I choose to consider it, but more likely than not I will ignore it. I can hyper-focus on something (usually a creative or research project of mine) and have 10-15 hours pass and I won't be aware of time passing at all, nor that I was hungry and needed food at several points along this line of insanity.

On the other hand I have an excellent sense of direction and time - and get find my way around strange locations with little guidance. If I spend my day doing mundane tasks like cleaning my house and cooking food for the week, I usually know what time it is within 15-20 minutes. If I spend my day reading a book, thinking about things, etc, then I will be off in my time estimate by hours.

I could see a case being made for Se-Ni combination yielding the best results for being aware of physical states and what is going on in your body.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have moments where i am in-tune with everything around me .. otherwise i do miss quite a lot. I get lot in my thoughts and forget. Although i know every month the moment i have started my period.

When mingling with people my 'feely' antenna is super aware of whats going on both verbally and via body language so the only time that turns off naturally is when i am alone.

I was looking up 'hyper awareness' and found this site .. http://www.schizophrenia.com:8080/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=527

Does this make sense to you, what these people are expressing?

T

ThatGirl

I have moments where i am in-tune with everything around me .. otherwise i do miss quite a lot. I get lot in my thoughts and forget. Although i know every month the moment i have started my period.

When mingling with people my 'feely' antenna is super aware of whats going on both verbally and via body language so the only time that turns off naturally is when i am alone.

I was looking up 'hyper awareness' and found this site .. http://www.schizophrenia.com:8080/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=527

Does this make sense to you, what these people are expressing?

No, I am talking about noticing, suddenly that things smell slightly unpleasant, then two days later being hit with a huge cold.