• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gut Instincts

wolfy

awsm
How much do you trust your gut? Can you trust your gut without any sort of clarification?

If I said I ran solely on my gut would it scare you? Would you run away in fear?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't run away. I would be interested and think we could perhaps be friends.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
My 'gut' usually knows when something is up, but that is not the same as knowing specifics, so it is hard to trust it in those cases where it doesn't provide enough direction.

But not having any feeling from the 'gut' makes me feel empty, so...

Silveresque

I don't really understand "gut" feelings. I suppose I have hunches occasionally, like when someone just seems like a certain type but I can't explain why. My hunches are usually wrong though. :(

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Completely. It's ALWAYS right. The only time I made a serious wrong decision in my life was because I didn't trust my gut. So I ALWAYS trust my gut.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
it is often strangely right, but in my case it can often be wrong about people. well not wrong exactly but it gives a skewed view of reality that isn't really useful. like being handed a photograph of somebody's feet or butt instead of their face and trying to make a judgment about their intentions. what the hell am i supposed to do with that? takes forever to filter into meaningful direction.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How much do you trust your gut? Can you trust your gut without any sort of clarification?

If I said I ran solely on my gut would it scare you? Would you run away in fear?

I trust my gut, however, there are times I have to examine why my gut is saying what it's saying. Going solely on gut feelings, taking nothing else into account...that would scare me somewhat.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I trust my gut most of the time, but try to fill it in with a bunch of stuff to make it look legit. I am often creepily on target, but off often enough to be wary of it and have to think through the facts.

wolfy

awsm
Now and again I'll find it hard to trust my gut. Especially when it comes to people, I'll look for confirmation. Or at least I find it hard to run with what my gut is telling me.

More often than not if I run with the way I am feeling things work out well for me. And when I start looking for feedback I get bogged down.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I rely almost solely on gut feeling when making decisions. Emotions as well as clear facts do play in, of course, but they are secondary.
For example, I most often know instantly when somebody is lying. I feel when someone is watching me, know when something is about to happen etc.

I think a lot of has a basis in communicating with the subconscious, something that I already do a lot through dreaming and thinking deeply a lot.
The subconscious catches way more than your aware self ever does. Some people gets little signals from the subconscious when things are good, bad etc.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My gut feelings are always dead on, but I rarely remember this when I'm making decisions.
Stupid thing, actually thinking people are different than my initial assessment of them. Because, painful as it is for me to admit it, they're really not.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think I trust it deeply, and follow it far too little. Like some rebellious kid, the idealistic side of me wants to say "NO way!" while my gut rolls its eyes like a parent waiting for the inevitable.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I trust my gut, however, there are times I have to examine why my gut is saying what it's saying. Going solely on gut feelings, taking nothing else into account...that would scare me somewhat.
Same here. I tend to trust my gut more in impersonal matters, since it has rarely misled me there. My gut feelings about people are far less accurate, and I have learned to distrust my first impressions. Once someone has a track record, though, it becomes more reliable again.

uncommonentity

I trust my highly logical thought processes and my accurate ability to predict outcomes based on the fine combing of multiple known variables.

T

ThatGirl

I use my gut to provide myself with energy and passion to move quickly toward whatever I figured out in advance. It kind of drives things home for me. Gives me a level of dedication.

My gut instinct is usually that it has to happen now! Or This must happen quickly! And must be done exactly the way I pictured it!