• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gut Instincts

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
My gut hasn't been wrong once, and I've bitterly regretted every time I've ignored it.

I ran an experiment on this, actually. I would challenge anyone in this thread who feels similarly to do the same. I was an idealist, and I really wanted to believe the best of everyone/everything. I got tired of being screwed though, so; I took to writing my initial impressions/opinions - my "gut" feeling - about people and situations down immediately. I then watched to see how things panned out.

When you have 3-4 sheets worth of what amounts to nigh on prophetic vision, you start to feel silly for ever doubting your gut.

Trust your instincts, or you have only yourself to blame when the shit hits the fan.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I trust my highly logical thought processes and my accurate ability to predict outcomes based on the fine combing of multiple known variables.
Sounds slow and cumbersome to me. How fast is it?
For me, not very, That is the benefit of gut instincts. It is more like using Ni to short-circuit the step-by-step logic, to form a fairly accuracte conclusion in a fraction of the time. I try to do the logical cross-checking when there is time, and it almost always supports the gut conclusion, so I have learned to trust my gut when there is no time for a proper analysis.