• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypoC Psychopaths

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you been targeted by a psychopath on this forum (or elsewhere online)?

Please share your experiences.

Here, or else PM me.

Ta.

(If you're not sure what a psychopath is, please refer to this thread.)

R

Riva

We wouldn't know a psychopath if we meet one in RL let alone online. They are social chameleons. the nicest person we meet in RL could be the most dangerous psychopath. But eventually he/she would get caught. But online??? Oh almost never.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being an Antisocial psychopath would be pretty dang freaking amazing!

There would be no limits, as the law would mean nothing.

Only losers follow the law just because society says you should.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^Yeah, I think I'm reporting RaptorWizard.

Oh wait, I was supposed to PM that???? gosh, sorry. :(

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Don't look at me. *whistles innocently* (No, seriously)

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I think it’s pretty clear that many people who are otherwise pleasant and courteous in their interactions with others exhibit a callousness and psychopathic behavior when interacting with people via the internet. If psychopathy exists on a spectrum, perhaps these folks would fall somewhere in the borderlands between normalcy and psychopathy. Those who happen to extend the same degree of courtesy to people on the net that they do to people in person might have some added ability to sympathize with the “hypothetical” or “ethereal” person.

I find myself unable to eat at a vacant or failing restaurant without feeling terrible for the owner, or pass a homeless person on the street without wondering how he ended up in such a bad place. In effect, I imagine a backstory and create a person with which to sympathize. Similarly, I have a very hard time not being considerate of people online (when I’m in the proper mindset), because I tend to fill in the information gaps to make them a whole person in my mind.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I think it’s pretty clear that many people who are otherwise pleasant and courteous in their interactions with others exhibit a callousness and psychopathic behavior when interacting with people via the internet. If psychopathy exists on a spectrum, perhaps these folks would fall somewhere in the borderlands between normalcy and psychopathy. Those who happen to extend the same degree of courtesy to people on the net that they do to people in person might have some added ability to sympathize with the “hypothetical” or “ethereal” person.

I find myself unable to eat at a vacant or failing restaurant without feeling terrible for the owner, or pass a homeless person on the street without wondering how he ended up in such a bad place. In effect, I imagine a backstory and create a person with which to sympathize. Similarly, I have a very hard time not being considerate of people online (when I’m in the proper mindset), because I tend to fill in the information gaps to make them a whole person in my mind.

oh you feel that way too? the feeling is even worse when i go to family restaurants and the parents are aging and kids are trying to keep things together :p

Lark

Being an Antisocial psychopath would be pretty dang freaking amazing!

There would be no limits, as the law would mean nothing.

Only losers follow the law just because society says you should.

I'm not sure I agree with that, society includes a lot of people with special or superior knowledge, experience or learning, society can be a damn good guide a lot of the time and besides society hasnt existed as a restraining influence for a long time, if it exists at all now its permissive or supportive in the first instance whatever or whoever you happen to be or choose to do.

You're right that a psychopath isnt lawful, they're liable to ask will I get caught, not is this right or wrong but that they ask whether or not they will get caught means they engage in consequential thinking and rationalisations, which means that while they are not lawful they are not chaotic.

Lark

The iTunes updater is psychopathic.

Or perhaps just a pitiless machine.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen 2, I think. Both women. They're not regulars though.

G

Glycerine

I think one member publicly admitted that they had sociopathic tendencies... if I remember correctly.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread manage to accumulate some tepid air, I see.
I don't think you understand psychopathy.

Similarly, I have a very hard time not being considerate of people online (when I’m in the proper mindset), because I tend to fill in the information gaps to make them a whole person in my mind.
Are you serious? I can never tell. But I've seen you be remarkably rude - it's why I still have you on ignore, it's why you were banned - so I'm not sure you deserve those back pats you're giving yourself.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was one former member who was really creepy to me and pretty unstable/manipulative... I think this person made his rounds trying to find people whose empathy he could take advantage of.

Good that I lacked some of that required empathy, lol.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was one former member who was really creepy to me and pretty unstable/manipulative... I think this person made his rounds trying to find people whose empathy he could take advantage of.

Yeah, I remember him...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

InvisibleJim?

Nicodemus

I'm going to make [MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION]'s day by mentioning him here.