• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

T:Do we think alike and how is this important in the understansing of diversity?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
-------------------------------------------------------------------
T:Do we think alike and how is this important in the understansing of diversity? Different types of thinking. All see our truth differently.

LightSun Paul Peaceweaver
"Discussion of my wife Raven (Poet Dreamer) as well I on what am real, how we view the world and how our thinking process puts slants on what we can perceive.

LightSun
LightSun “Have you ever had someone tell you what to do or give you advise what you should do? Unless it fits your internal universe it can almost go i...in one ear and out the other. In existentialism there is a term to get into another's phenomenological universe to better understand and to help a client. One removes themselves from their own ego and tries to see reality through the other person's eyes, heart and soul.

This is also called empathy, to a certain degree. A true guru or master/enlightened one knows the answers and leads the initiate through a series of questions (like Socrates) until the client realizes the truth or answers from within. This is called empowering another individual. The truth lies within all of us, but we need each other to bring it out.” LightSun

Raven YoungBear (Poet Dreamer)

Raven, "LightSun wrote: "Have you ever had someone tell you what to do or give you advise on what you should do?"
Poet Dreamer: Yes (((smile))) just about every day however, I strongly believe we are powerhouses of thoughts and ideas designed to help one another. The intention is sincere, not based on control but rather the spirit is inspirited to help each other out without being asked.

Although difficult we must learn to pause ourselves and listen within their words not hear advice but a whisper or plea to be acknowledged. "Blessed are those that give without being asked." Ask yourself "why" or where does it touch your emotions-are you projecting a memory deep within your heart, still unhealed and whispering a similar plea of acknowledgment, or not? In any case, beware; do not be deceived, not even by you.

LightSun wrote: "Unless it fits your own internal universe it can almost go in one ear and out the other."

Poet Dreamer: Yes, I agree, human beings tend to be more talkers than listeners. Sometimes, I myself have been driven to almost commit suicide because someone kept talking at me rather than to me. It was as if they were possessed by some talk-demon.

I would call out their name tell them to stop talking and take a breath and still the endless flow of words, and feelings, and fears would fill the room. I always look for exits when I enter any room. I believe it is possible to suffocate if not for the courage to just walk away, taking my own advice to stop and just breathe.

LightSun wrote, "...in existentialism there is a term to get into another's phenomenological universe so as to better understand and help a client. You remove yourself from your own ego and see reality through their eyes."

Poet Dreamer: In contrast, to doing the impossible to disassociate from the primal self, the ego, that keeps our phenomenal desire to live life regardless of trauma and pain (emotional and physical). I beg to differ other than to remove ourselves from our own ego in order to see the realities of others; I would choose to try to create a unique environment that the client could safely incubate their ideas.

Feel my self-esteem and passion unite to a meteoric ascent of strength, a kind that can only be created in the presence of others. I believe this is called "synergy." I have heard, maybe even experienced for a moment, this life changing energy, of Univision, connection with everything and everyone in the universe. How it is filled with heart with joy and love and hope for our kind.

Regardless of what others say or think, I believe that love and love in abundance is the only unparalleled phenomenon that gives us all the answers we seek in life-"To love and be loved in return." Until we truly learn to love we are doomed to hatred, pain and torture.”

LightSun wrote, "A true guru or enlightened one knows the answers and leads the initiate through a series of questions (like Socrates) until the client realizes the truth or answers from within. This is enlightenment. The truth that lies within all of us, but we need each other to bring it out."

Poet Dreamer: "Exactly!" In other words, synergy is also similar to enlightenment of the spirit and the inter-intra-connection we can have with each other. It takes believing in what you can't see and may not feel right away a breeze that quickly kisses your cheek, wipes a tear. Truth still remains that egos are filled with fears and phantom ghost or not, we are afraid of the pain of being reborn into adulthood, actualization, and transformation.

Do you not believe that a butterfly transformed in its cocoon experiences fear and pain?" An enlightened one would know the answer because as you have stated the truth of experiences lies within all of is, creatures great and small. And you are right my brother LightSun, "We need each other to bring it out."

Poet Dreamer: I believe we have crossed paths as kin-spirits or a familiar soul-relation. It has been an honor to share my thoughts with you in regards to your questions. We need each other; alone we cannot survive a lifetime. All who love will feel great truths. It is through love that all people find their joyous moments, their ultimate passions, and deepest understanding of pain.

All poets must surrender themselves to the intimacy of pleasure in poetic pain, but only a true poet understands what I am talking about. In my despair I will share with you one of my fears is that we will not learn "Agape" in time to save a generation of children. As I believe in this very still moment the dying earth's last poet shall be the earth does last human culinary still fear the cocoon of enlightenment and transformation.

Poets are especially sure of their immortality just as the butterfly, who courageously surrenders all fears of going through the trauma of being reborn and transformed. Shape changing from an earth-walker into a beautiful, fragile creature that takes wings and flies into the heavens glittering in the light's sun. Hey that's your name, LightSun, peace, love and happiness to all readers.”

Peaceweaver
"On the Nature of Perception' Part I.
“There was a saying," The true battle lays within us all. I sort of believed this wholeheartedly that the mightiest enemy indeed to conquer was self. For since, birth we have been deceived with at best half-truths. It takes a lifetime to disentangle oneself from the net of lies and illusions. In addition, it takes a willing heart; the battle still may not be won.

Nevertheless, we must try that or continue being caught, ensnarled, and entangled by the net. For myself I wish to be a free man. Free of illusion and distortion. Now I believe in balance. One should be aware of their internal reality. We resonate. The truth is engraved upon our hearts. We just have to listen to that secret wisdom. You and I have in effect the same book in our souls.

I believe we need both external as well as internal warriors. If the pendulum swings to one way, then there is chaos and confusion. Knowing ourselves can help is understand us & the external world as well as the people in it. It is an ever ongoing project, as well a worthy occupation. To know others one knows more of oneself. They say that we live in a world of illusions as well as delusions.

I think it is a mixture. Half of the Real world is within as well as half of the real being external. To move along our path we must learn to walk the middle path. The road called the Shining One & that is balance. It is true we live in a world of partial illusions. The answers lie within.

Seek and ye shall understand. Look inward for the truth and you shall find it. All of these are partial truths. There are real truths in the external world as well. We need the basic items to find of basic comfort and security ad well as a modicum of happiness." LightSun

"But to search the external world exclusively for happiness is a fool's dream. You will die searching because you never discovered yourself. That is the inner world. The path of self- discovery and finding out what you truly wish for and that is to be complete.
Too many times we may ignore the inner universe, searching for peace, as well happiness when these lay within us.

If one are miserable inside, then all the money, & riches, all the members of the opposite sex (or whichever sex one is attracted to, fame, material possessions, food, and travel will not soothe the soul, most certainly not for long. It is a search for inner peace that is a mantra of an INF/ENF. This inner universe is so crucial. There are many paths to achieve this.

No one person can tell another how to live. That must come from inside. Learn to trust yourself. Learn to heed that inner voice as long as it is founded on virtue and not lies and self-deception. How does one divine the truth? Do not hurt. Do not kill. Do not hurt another.
This is why one needs to develop self-esteem and a healthy self- concept to truly know and acknowledge the beauty of the world. For an ISP/ESP, it may be different.

This is why for greatest harmony to occur; both inner and outer realities need be balanced. Listen to this inner voice. I call it the universal consciousness. It is there. It can help one perceive and pursue activity where one can enter into a state of "Flow." This is to discover one's inner gift. What one was made to do and to become? We are all part of a giant crystal or diamond. Call it the eye of Odin. Perhaps one could call it Odin's eye, or the eye of God. We need to pool our resources and capabilities into a cohesive whole and on the way getting rid of distortions, which we all have. None of us can see the Truth. We can catch only glimmers of it out of the corner of our eye.

We need to cut away at illogical untruth. Each of us is different with different capabilities as well some different attributes & a different life mission. It is all part of the whole. Perhaps the most successful will be those they can see other people's world view and synchronize. But one must know self, first or at the very least a preliminary knowledge of our self. Misperceptions can arise. In one sense we live in both the interrelated reality of mankind, but yet in another each of us is a self-contained universe. What we hear is colored not with truth but rather our personal history. We can't truly really understand another. We also will and can filter all of which we perceive.

The very brain then tries making order, but will mistakenly misinterpret the message from another. They will misinterpret to their own devising (unconscious) not hearing another's soul. To listen is a gift and as well a trait in need of developing. Our words will indeed damn ourselves.

We think, therefore we are. I think it a fool indeed, who believes all that he believes. How much of what we know is to be trusted? Look at schizophrenia. They think, feel, and believe passionately in what they think/feel, but is it valid? What if all this is naught but a dream? How much of what we have learned is written in eternal stone, and not subject to revision?

Even science has been written many times over since the dawn of history. What is it, I am wishing to impart is keep an open mind and that we don't know it all. The final fact is we cannot always trust our senses. Look at the history of people being executed, because of eye witness testimony. I believe there are two camps in the very least of human potential.

There are realists which wish for perfect given reality, laced upon structure. This type individual needs the truth, this is a broad generalizing. The other camp follows new age religion; earth based religion, and is very idealistic. Thus they have the predisposition of a Hindu attitude that of course there are many paths to the mountain top. I like asking questions, see all of our most responses i can relate to. Really it’s a jig saw puzzle, more reason utilized, a larger mixture in truth resides. I do like your answer (as well the responses given from the angle of other people's responses).

Yes with unreason, this is saying loss of control as in being loud, argumentative, and not utilizing listening skills, a fear has triggered an ego (which in the ultimate sense is of illusionary qualities). As far as educating a self, i have been relieved i had education and learned so very many things in classroom as well keeping an open mind in life experiences, I’ve learned, grown and hopefully will continue doing so.

A sure sign for me of distorted reasoning is when speaks with an angry heart. There is a sliver of truth there, but it is camouflaged by the person's unfinished business. So what does one do if they happen to be an angry individual? Seek counsel and multiple viewpoints, before making a decision. That is part of the glory and the sorrow of our brains. Our 5 senses can impart much beauty from this world. Our perceptions can also be woefully off, much to our ruin.” LightSun

"The very brain then tries mak...ing order, but will mistakenly misinterpret the message from another. They will misinterpret to their own devising (unconscious) not hearing another's soul. To listen is a gift and as well a trait in need of developing. Our words will indeed damn ourselves.

We think, therefore we are. I think it a fool indeed, who believes all that he believes. How much of what we know is to be trusted? Look at schizophrenia. They think, feel, and believe passionately in what they think/feel, but is it valid? What if all this is naught but a dream? How much of what we have learned is written in eternal stone, and not subject to revision? Even science has been written many times over since the dawn of history.

What is it, I am wishing to impart is keep an open mind and that we don't know it all. The final fact is we cannot always trust our senses. Look at the history of people being executed, because of eye witness testimony. I believe there are two camps in the very least of human potential. There are realists which wish for perfect given reality, laced upon structure. This type individual needs the truth, this is a broad generalizing. The other camp follows new age religion; earth based religion, and is very idealistic. Thus they have the predisposition of a Hindu attitude that of course there are many paths to the mountain top.

I like asking questions, see all of our most responses i can relate to. Really it’s a jig saw puzzle, more reason utilized, a larger mixture in truth resides. I do like your answer (as well the responses given from the angle of other people's responses). Yes with unreason, this is saying loss of control as in being loud, argumentative, and not utilizing listening skills, a fear has triggered an ego (which in the ultimate sense is of illusionary qualities).

As far as educating a self, i have been relieved i had education and learned so very many things in classroom as well keeping an open mind in life experiences, I’ve learned, grown and hopefully will continue doing so. A sure sign for me of distorted reasoning is when speaks with an angry heart. There is a sliver of truth there, but it is camouflaged by the person's unfinished business.

So what does one do if they happen to be an angry individual? Seek counsel and multiple viewpoints, before making a decision. That is part of the glory and the sorrow of our brains. Our 5 senses can impart much beauty from this world. Our perceptions can also be woefully off, much to our ruin.” LightSun

Four kinds of thinking can be developed through education. These are the Factual, insightful, Rational, and evaluative thinking. I will describe the characteristics of the four types of thinking targeted by the teachings for thinking project of the Minnesota Community College System.

(1). Evaluative thinking is a kind of thinking that leads to take up an approving/disapproving, accepting/rejecting position towards something. Every time we express a preference of one situation over another or value one experience or thing over another, we are engaging in evaluative thinking. When we articulate our evaluative thinking we open the door to dialogue and development. The less articulate we are about our evaluative thinking, the more it controls our thinking through subtle shadings and moods.

(2). Insightful thinking is the kind of thinking that sees the possibilities in things. It looks beyond the facts to imagine what could be, what might have been, and what might be related. This kind of thinking is continually bringing out hidden meanings, alternative perspectives, and related images, metaphors, or stories. We engage this kind of thinking when we anticipate what comes next, what came before, or what something could become.

(3). Logical thinking is the kind of thinking that allows us to organize things, activities, and concepts to .maximize effectiveness and void conflict. Logical thinking is involved both in the formation of rules to guide its efforts and the manipulation of the rules to reach new results or conclusions which are precisely as justifiable as its rules and initial information. In some cases, the rules are used as standards against which to judge results or conclusions not derived by the rules.

(4). Observational thinking is the kind of thinking that notices facts. More, it seeks out facts and finds ways to note them in memory or record so that it can recall them with accuracy and clarity. This kind of thinking is not just limited to observations about the physical world without. It also takes note of bodily and emotional sensations within.

I. Factual Thinking Checklist:
A. Factual clarity, accuracy, and fairness
B. Observational detail, reliability, and scope
C. Effective record and recall strategies
D. Alertness for patterns

II. Insightful Thinking Checklist:
A. Seeking the larger context
B. Seeking alternative perspectives
C. Seeking similarity & difference and relating the known to the unknown.
D. Seeking alternative teams of expression
E. Using questions as probes
F. Applying learning to self-understanding
G. Drawing lessons from experiences

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
http://www.blogthings.com/whatpatternisyourbrainquiz/results/?result=1

Your Brain is Adaptable
www.blogthings.com

Your brain is always looking for the connections in life. You always amaze your friends by figuring out things first. You're also good at bringing people together - and often play match maker. You see the world in fluid, flexible terms. Nothing is black or white. What Pattern Is Your Brain? How does your mind really work? Find out what's in your head.