• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Why can anger be a betrayal of ourselves?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anger is the most natural thing in the world. All of my failtures in life I can attribute to an unwillingness to experience or my outright DENIAL of subconscious anger. For a 9, that shit is there but we are asleep to it....that's why we can sometimes be so uncaring and blasé about our own life...Anger is a natural impulse of the soul in the face of what we find unacceptable. If you accept everything in life like a hindu cow 9 times out of 10 you are just in deep denial of what you really find ok and what you don't. That being said OF COURSE there's a darker side to anger...like ANY emotion.

We wouldn't be able to control people if we allowed everyone to expresse their anger.

I think it sort of puts you in neutral rather than any kind of direction. It's not necessarily healthy to stall out either. The point of anger isn't that it has to dissipate - or - be put somewhere (unilaterally) but that each person has to evaluate their own anger and recognize where it will be destructive or constructive. They have to decide that. What is healthy for one is not healthy for the other. So...different dynamics are in play. Um. Self-awareness is key. Which takes making mistakes. Yes. And learning from them. Not getting bogged down in them.