• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

C : How is possible for conflict to help us grow?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
““We all have within our root system a bunch of convoluted fantasies or beliefs of that which is called reality. We have a belief system riddled with at most half-truths. We need to undertake a journey called self-discovery is assessing these fallacies and be willing to change, thus to grow. He / she who are rooted in the past beliefs are a hindrance with social progress.

Indoctrination into dogma comes from multiple sources. Dogma conceivably can occur in a family's system of beliefs as well mores. It also comes from another from another direction like patriotism and religious beliefs, all of this before the person possesses or can be taught critical thinking.

We most certainly have a need always upon the duty to question reality, a leader or an authority. Instead it is our foremost duty, responsibility as well birthright to delve inside of us, therefore to rise upward with some answers. One needs be open to discuss anything.

Without challenge to one’s belief system there is no growth. If at least one is of the party is open, that person can learn from the experience. I don't think we have a choice in the matter concerning having beliefs or trusting our reason.

We can try reading different interpretations of history, current events, observing others, and other cultures. There are patterns out there to be discovered and discussed. I think when we become overly emotionally invested in logical constructs in our mind that makes sense to us at the time we need to continue searching.

The rabbit hole goes on and on. I think it is a refining process as new information is learned that maybe confusing and alien but it is necessary to try to understand the appeal of it. The ultimate problem is that we are born in a culture and are designed to adopt it and identify with it. People need to be loyal to their tribe for the sake of harmony.

There are multiple interpretations of history and society. There are multiple individual experiences that influence how we grow or whither. We come up with our own personal philosophies incorporating a mishmash of knowledge.

Then this is filtered through our programming: Survival, greed, winning, losing, respect, admiration, lust, good, bad, control, loyalty, friendship, leadership, obeying, pleasure, bravery, shyness, freedom, hate, deception, entitlement, jealously, sadness, guilt, anger, infatuation, love, fear, indifference, paranoia, altruism, loneliness, and hope.

Reasoning can be erroneous but I bet we can look at the person's psychology to find the motivation to some of the human mental attributes I listed above. There are people who reason war with altruism. Tell people that they are under attack and they use fear and paranoia based reasoning.

There are so many different variant ways conflict produces. It is a phoenix, a constant tearing down, then a building up in a stronger manner. Try finding as a corollary the body builder; they tear down their muscle, then with stress rebuild. There can be a passion also. What our experiences happen being will determine behavior, for we set to reach homeostasis. We wish balance.

So say one is in a trauma, they then in overriding this trauma, might go on and be such as role model and example. I feel Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln and other immortals talk at times about standing up for your convictions in spite of the danger of losing life. I can see it being and having compassion, morals and, "to put up or shut up", even at the risk of your own life. This is an admirable virtue, not only to talk your philosophy, but also to take action and the necessary steps in the right direction.

Without challenges we cannot grow as effectively. It is our interpersonal relationships which are true tests of our character, will power & poise. If we react negatively we are immature. Moreover we are angry. Still deeper is deep hurt. We are incomplete and so fight the world. The challenge is to deal with life's challenges with more decorum, but it hurts, or is not fair.

The true battle lies within. The more rational a person is the less distorted they are, and hopefully more balanced as well as happy. It is an utmost necessity in order of expansion in our conscious mind. Without conflict, thus introducing new thoughts as well a way in dealing with them hopefully in a constructive mind and way, there is a slow growth.

We are actualizing, growing throughout crises, being pushed to the limit and finding hidden reservoirs of strength. We need change to endure, without change we can fall to stagnation, one need to keep the moral compass. In this way there is the possibility to weather the storm, grow and mature with fresh insight.

Apparently On our journey's we need two types. Type one that reinforces us, rejuvenates us, & inspires us. We must also deal with unpleasant experiences that force us to examine our core beliefs and either strengthen them or modify the position we hold. But ideally it takes two intelligent and rational people willing to learn.

Along the path we will find those that try our patience and fortitude of spirit. Yet, I believe there is the possibility of synergy here and hopefully we both grow. We have an adult, honest, semi-professional relationship. Now let us look at the flip side.
We have both witnessed useless argumentative wars because egos were not strong enough to listen and process, as well as use critical thinking. There may be a disagreement between us but we are sensible. We listen. It is either true or not according to our sensibilities.

We all have the capacity to be rational. No one’s opinion should be discounted for they are angles of the truth which all of us have the capacity to see in part. Only by an attempt to put the pieces together can we see a glimmer of a real truth versus using our opinion which has distorted parts, because we project unto the situation. The caveat about searching for real truth, is if one is overcome with anger and negative feelings, then their view about reality is more easily discounted.

Corroboration and data are the more reliable truths. The error in truth relies on human subjectivity and projections of humans “inner" "reality". A person’s inner reality contains at least two areas where science can be erroneous. (1)The person's biases, prejudices, stereotypes, and ignorance are caused by fear and superstition.

(2) we are a product of what we learn. If what we learned is erroneous, we start out of the wrong gate. Our preconceived theories can lead us astray and make us look in the wrong direction. We do have a nefarious ability to seemingly without due critical thinking give credence to the other. Rather we don't truly resonate and learn becoming with an attunement with to what the other is trying to say, we effectively discount that which does not correspond with our own understanding about reality.

I try to behave as some bridge builder. I don't argue, rather i reflect another individual view point and try finding some decent common ground. Obviously it isn't easy especially with a irrational being not of some understanding with respect, open-mind, difference in opinion's and unique view in reality.

One needs be open to discuss anything. Without challenge to one’s belief system there is no growth. If at least one is of the party is open, that person can learn from the experience. It is an utmost necessity in order of expansion in our conscious mind. Without conflict, thus introducing new thoughts as well a way in dealing with them hopefully in a constructive mind and way, there is a slow growth.

We are constantly actualizing, growing throughout crises, being pushed to the limit and finding hidden reservoirs of strength. We need change to endure, without change we can fall to stagnation, one need to keep the moral compass. In this way there is the possibility to weather the storm, grow and mature with fresh insight.

We must endeavor in times of need to stand up for your convictions in spite of the danger of losing life. I can see it being and having compassion, morals and, "to put up or shut up", even at the risk of your own life. This is an admirable virtue, not only to talk your philosophy, but also to take action and the necessary steps in the right direction.” LightSun

Last edited by a moderator: