• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

wolfy

awsm
You guys have some interesting dreams!

In my dreams I've almost always done something wrong. Killed someone or robbed some place sometimes cheated at something and the dream is pretty much about the chase. Usually the cops are after me.

I read something about the chase meaning feeling pressure to perform or something like that I can't remember.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't had a "guilty" dream in a long time but I remember how real those were.

Those recurring theme dreams seem pretty urgent to me and I remember several I've had for years at a time.

I haven't had a nightmare in decades. But recently a family member was put on life support and I had nightmares about four nights in a row. Can't remember a single one of them.

So, wolfy, you look some Sisyphean tonight. . .

MBTI Type
INTJ
I had a dream last night in which my mother died and I moved back to my hometown to live with my dad. In the dream, it felt like a mutually beneficial move...he had companionship and I had a solution to my financial problems. Disturbingly, it almost felt like a fantasy instead of a nightmare.

I've been beginning to ponder a total life and career change that starts with moving back to my hometown, so I understand that part of the dream. But the other part has me baffled.

wolfy

awsm
I haven't had a "guilty" dream in a long time but I remember how real those were.

Those recurring theme dreams seem pretty urgent to me and I remember several I've had for years at a time.

I haven't had a nightmare in decades. But recently a family member was put on life support and I had nightmares about four nights in a row. Can't remember a single one of them.

So, wolfy, you look some Sisyphean tonight. . .

Did you mean my dream was Sisyphean? Or daily grind caused the dream?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I posted some of this in another thread a while back --

Themes that tend to be recurring:

*I'm running away from a 'bad guy' who is out to get me, or who is trying to kill me or be violent towards me. I think I've always escaped (although one time I don't think I did?), and I tend to get the dreams when I'm stressed out, or having an interpersonal dilemna/conflict with someone. Maybe more specifically, when I feel like I'm losing control of things.

(I don't recall ever provoking anyone or committing a crime or anything -- it's like the dreams begin with people going after me, and I'm always running through neighborhoods, or landscapes, etc, going under bridges, climbing over fences, hiding out in bushes, whatever....)

I don't consider them nightmares, though -- it's kind of weird. Maybe because I'm lucid and am somewhat aware that I'm dreaming? Or that I believe I'll always escape??

*My favorite dreams are when I fly and hover over the landscape, although I haven't had one of those for quite a while.

*I've also had tornado dreams on several occasions, but again, they aren't exactly nightmares. A tornado, or a series of tornadoes (think X-men, with all of those tornadoes spiralling down), are spinning towards the city, and I'm watching from above/afar, but I always get away or simply watch things get destroyed around me.

*And it hasn't happened for a while, but occasionally I have narration dreams, where I'm narrating what's going on - like more of a stream-of-consciousness type thing, like I'm writing a story.

*My most vivid dream - and the only of its kind - was when I was a kid, and it was a narration-type thing, with an outside voice (like a voiceover in movies or tv shows) but I was also high above, looking down at a scene unfolding..and it was of the Earth having been destroyed - like a futuristic scene or something. But it wasn't live-action, it was more a camera panning in on things, taking a snapshot of an instant in the future. Very bizarre, but I remember waking up feeling chilled to the bone. Because it was kind of an apocalypse-now type thing -- and I remember everything was in black and white. The only living things were ravens..or crows...

(I've written about this specific dream elsewhere on the forum - it just had a powerful impact on me, and it was basically about various societies of organisms competing and killing other species off out of their own self interest)

*I also experience my senses in my dreams -- I can feel things (which can be super good, depending on the dream...if you catch my drift;)), taste things, etc.

Negative aspect of this is I've had a few dreams where I've been completely unable to control my movements -- think completely drunk/wasted, falling around a toilet, unable to get up or walk straight or walk fast -- like slow motion, blurry vision...exceedingly unpleasant dreams.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I dreamt I was building a wall last night, not a really big wall but about waist high, red brick.

It was very monotonous, cement, brick, cement, brick. I had no idea why I was building a wall, just that I was and that it was important.

Got to say, that is beyond doubt my most baffling dream of the year. :shock:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
See, I ALWAYS dream. I know I do.. I can almost always remember that much. I don't always remember them, whether at all or when I wake up the details immediately fade.. and sometimes I remember them like they were memories of actual occurrences, vivid and realistic feeling. It's very rare for my mind to just relax long enough to have a simple, blank black sleep.

Lately though, I've been having very off the wall dreams, which I wake up feeling something moreless than actually remembering what I dreamt about. Taking last night for example, I had something of a dream involving the brothers I always hang out with, the Ren Fest, and something else entirely.. although I Don't remember anything else at all, I was left with this feeling that these people were loyal friends to me, and that I was content and happy. A bit odd, yes?

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
A recent dream I had was about my father leaving my step-mother and admitting he was just using her or something. It was really emotional in the dream, I remember crying and crying and feeling so betrayed while he tried to convince me he was still a good guy. I really felt that dream...

After that I had a dream about going to church for the first time in ages. It was boring, but I wonder if it meant anything.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
So when does the dream analyst turn up? I'm still waiting to find out what building a wall means. :unsure:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not to get too explicit, but I had a dream this morning that I hooked up with this guy Russ, (I used to have a little crush on him in high school and randomly came across a picture of his on this surfing/clothes site).

9_gallery_image_34418081.jpg

Anyhow, it wasn't like we even went that far in this dream, (sucks right!?!? :steam:), but it felt nice to reconnect with him and to just make-out with a guy, (hot-damn it has been far too long :blushing:).

Of course.... I woke up snuggling with my miniature dachshund instead, that's alright, I guess. ;)

Also, I know this dream is/was not deep or weird in the slightest, it just reawakened a dormant need in me, which is to physically connect with a man.

(which sucks)

(or doesn't)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I had another dream where I was on some kind of vehicle (boat, motorcycle, roller coaster, truck... sometimes just flying without any transportation) and this time it was a weird roller coaster that was situated in the forest and went around a body of water.

I could definitely read deeper into these kinds of dreams (like they are telling me I need more adventure), but really, they are just fun.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
So when does the dream analyst turn up? I'm still waiting to find out what building a wall means. :unsure:
Building something means that you wanna achieve Something. And a Wall is mostly a Sign of an Obstacle. Are you somehow building an Obstacle for yourself? (known or unknown)

ewomack

I once dreamed that I shot a man in the head. He was standing in a room with three other people lecturing them on something. I was armed and approached the scene. He saw that I had a gun and yelled in my face "THAT WEAPON CAN BE USED AGAINST YOU!!" and without even thinking I pulled it out and shot him in the temple. He wasn't anyone I knew... sort of an anonymous man with a crew cut. One of those "time passed" transitions happened and I then found myself in a glass-lined room somewhere in a skyscraper. I was regretting my new fugitive status and wondering what I was going to do. I literally woke up worried about it, but it came to me slowly that I had NOT in fact shot anyone and this feeling of immense relief, like a carpet of nougat, flowed over me.

That was a disturbing one. Whew. My brain really needed to poo, apparently...

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
well not exactly reoccuring in the sameway, but many of my dreams in the past has spider chasing me/on me.

I have arachnophobia mildly. so when i see them in dreams, I feel digust and fear. Few times spiders in my dream were on webs, and i successfully killed it. Of course chasing ones, don't. They are tiny.

Is not like a monster dream, b/c its only a frame in a dream, i run away. Done. Next scene kinda deal.
Can't be presence of mother or any female figure, they almost have no relevance to what i was dreaming or do anything out of ordinary to be mentioned in my dream this frequently.

dyspraxion

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
4w5
I once had a dream where all the colors were dull or faded; mostly browns, greys, black. I was in a hotel room with my family, and the room was nearly bare of furniture. I recall that the carpet looked soft. My hand ached, and when I looked at it it was pierced with dozens of needles, some the size of knitting needles. The next thing I recall, there is an earthquake, and then we are driving away as fast as possible. The needles are still in my hand, and the streets are empty, and buildings are catching fire.

I had a dream where I was a murderer. I transferred my soul into the body of a young boy I took from an ice cream shop, leaving my own body for dead. I returned to his house, and there was a feeling of safety and comfort from his mother that my dream self had never before experienced. I successfully masqueraded as him until his body was that of a teenager... then I killed again, and transferred my soul into the body of a 16 year old girl.

I tend to have strange dreams.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I routinely have dreams that make LSD look boring.

Could be why I've never bothered to do drugs.

wolfy

awsm
I keep on having this dream lately where I am given a car by someone I know, a different person each time. The car is old usually a beaten up muscle car when I put my foot down I feel this surge of power from the car go through my body and the dream ends. The car is surprisingly powerful.

Anybody know what it means?