• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

Stol11

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I barely ever dream. It is so very very rare. My head usually hits the pillow and I can go to sleep almost straight away.

However two nights back I had what I would call a nightmare, I've not been very well this week, so maybe that's contributed. The dream was about a scientist who had invented this dustbin, the thing about this dustbin was that you could throw things in it, and they would be destroyed forever, and forgotten by everyone, apart from the person who threw it in. You could throw anything into this dustbin, concepts, people, places, attitudes, literally anything.

Peoplw started throwing in all the things that I held dear though, all the traditions I love, all the things which hold society together and prevent anarchy and chaos.

Some how there were a group of us who could remember the good things which had been destroyed, so we formed a resistance movement, we fought the anarchists, but unfortunatley people sided with them as they enjoyed chaos, and they threw us in the dustbin.

Was I in this dream by any chance?

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
So this night I had this weird dream. I was going to London to seek for Jack the Ripper, suddenly we were back in 1888.. Scary because a girl kept following me and she had piercings and tattoos in her face. And my teacher was there too, kept telling me that my hair cut was hiddious, and if I did not get rid of it she would fail me. >_< ???
And the girl punched me so I dropped a tooth, which was extremely long and thin = vampire tooth. WT*

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Hrrm, I had a dream where I was at my grandmother's house in Kentucky. My glasses were foggy, as was the mirror in front of me. The fog got a little less thick and I could see my reflection, but it looked absolutely evil!

I remember it scared the hell out of me since its eyes were pitch black and it just kept laughing at me.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have crazy ass dreams. And they're very detailed.

The most recent was one where my extended aunt and uncle moved from D.C. to Barrow, Alaska, and we were going up to visit because my mother wanted to visit Alaska someday (first sign it was a dream lol). So, I was in a class, and my mom texted me 'We're getting on the plane now. Your ticket is for later, your car was sent up already, when you get to the Alaskan airport, just drive north and you'll get there" So, after class I take the plane and start driving up once I get into Alaska. It was woodsy and a lot like Siberia at first, and then I started entering this world of beautiful crystal trees and lakes with purple ice. Apparently that land was populated by some sort of swan civilization, and they weren't very friendly, as they were trying to attack my car when I was driving by. My car broke down after I got past the swans, and I was just really cold, trying to text my aunt that I need picked up and I'm lost in some sort of swan civilization, and she's like 'Oh you're in a national park, you went way too far north, I'll send a ranger to pick you up'. So I wait, and it's really cold and I'm shivering, and then a ranger pulls up and says to get in his car, my uncle was in there too. So we start driving away from the pretty lakes and such and we start driving south, and one of the places we had to stop to get gas was this humongous nuclear power plant where the buildings were fashioned after fire extinguishers (the cooling towers were just giant fire extinguishers, while everything else was red and metal-y). It was really foggy, and I heard the ranger say 'We can't stop here...it's not safe...too many people'. I start looking around, and there are people scattered about around the road, waving. They all look like the slick-haired 1950's guy with the corny smile, and they just kept waving and walking closer to the car...I was so freaked out that I woke up.

And then there was another dream where my mom was shopping at Victoria's Secret for dildoes for me...it was just plain weird.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My dream this morning was pretty epic, well part of it any way. Had another one of those apocalypse dreams, I was driving around with my man and got lost, we end up walking through shallow water...it was so sparkly and beautiful...with exotic pink flowers everywhere, I see an old lady gardening in the water with her pet bird (a pink exotic bird). I thought to myself....wow this place is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The water ended up leading us to our destination, a place of safety and refuge. Some people come to greet us and I tell them to go back to where the pink flowers are because it was so amazing. Unfortunately in the dream I end up having an affair with another man. Dangit...

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had a dream where I went to Australia for a frisbee tournament, and we were stuck in this hotel that was owned by two Philippine women, a mother and a daughter, and they would just watch me...all the time. For whatever reason, I thought the best way to have them stop is if I applied for a job, and then they just called me retarded because I live across the globe, there's no way I'd make it to work on time every day. :D

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had a very simple dream where me and my friends were going to Taco Bell for dinner....AGAIN!

I was so pissed in the dream that we had to eat tacos for the 5th night in a row, and that I couldn't eat another taco without getting sick.

I think it had to do with me going in the fridge earlier today for lunch and just seeing tacos again...I just had ants on a log instead. YUM!

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I should probably keep a dream diary.

Anyone had a dream you want to escape from and then you force yourself to wake up but you're really still asleep and the dream keeps going and repeating as you try to force yourself awake? Those are freaky!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I should probably keep a dream diary.

Anyone had a dream you want to escape from and then you force yourself to wake up but you're really still asleep and the dream keeps going and repeating as you try to force yourself awake? Those are freaky!

I hate those, and they're SO realistic too. Afterwards, when I actually DO wake up, I don't know what I did or didn't do (did I shower, did I brush my teeth, etc.) and then I'm just usually late for wherever I had to be at.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I should be dreaming now ..

Last night i dreamt of 5 people in a car, it crashed, they all died .. I knew one of the people in the car.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anyone know what eagles symbolize in dreams? I had one the other night where 3 eagles flew towards my balcony, one tried to get inside but I shut the door on it. After I shut the sliding glass door I just stand there to observe them, the 3 eagles end up stuffing themselves in a waste basket on the balcony....looked like they wanted to sleep there. Weird...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Eagles .. Usually positive .. clear sailing, soaring high, rising above all obstacles, and/or reaching great heights in waking life .. I must say though, i am curious as to why you closed the door on one? I know it's a dream and we don't have much control unless lucid dreaming .. Maybe them stuffing themselves in the basket and sleeping is a cue to you that 1) You are being protected 2) You will soar high but first you need rest or 3) i'm crazy and don't know what i'm talking about ;)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Very interesting, thank you for the input :). Have any weird dreams lately?!

Man...I watched that new zombie show called Walking Dead the other night and ended up dreaming about Zombies. FREAKY!!!!!! No more of that show for me...

I got dropped off by my boyfriend at I-Hop, apparently that was the cool hip spot to grab a drink and food with friends in my dream. I met up with one of my buddies there because we wanted to go to another after hours, he changes his mind so I decide to take the bus home. I almost catch the bus but it does a U turn instead, I saw a zombie looking lady in the bus screaming out the window. I go back to the I-Hop parking lot and see dead people on the ground...on my way back to the restaurant I take out my cell phone to call my buddy about getting a ride home and get snatched up by a zombie lady. From behind he grabs me by the arms and whispers "You are one of them". I thought to myself fuck I shouldn't have used my cell phone. Then I woke up.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I had a dream that I was betrayed by someone, they were going to steal something I had hidden together. when I found out, I found this guy trying to steal this mail-delivery-esque truck. I jumped in and said I would help.
Turns out this fool knows nothing. So I got him up and I started to drive this stick shift. for some reason I also needed this long pool that controls the balance of the car.. ( don't ask)>
The car was slow, we were getting chased by people. it eventually fell, everyone laughed. I upshed it back up on my own, jumped back in and started driving it again.. people were shocked.

I woke up just when I decided to ditch the truck and run to my place instead.

This was all very weird.

I can't even drive IRL.

E

Epiphany

Anyone know what eagles symbolize in dreams? I had one the other night where 3 eagles flew towards my balcony, one tried to get inside but I shut the door on it. After I shut the sliding glass door I just stand there to observe them, the 3 eagles end up stuffing themselves in a waste basket on the balcony....looked like they wanted to sleep there. Weird...

Eagles symbolize freedom. They were flying towards your balcony to seek shelter in your abode, but you shut the door on freedom. This indicates that you will become a savage dictator and the people of your country will hide from you in waste baskets.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The only thing I remember from last nights dream is big game offshore fishing.

We had a massive marlin on the line.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I dreamed something incredibly pathetic and embarassing.
I was seventeen and it was a perfect summer day. I was getting out of my car in the parking lot of my teenager job and started walking towards the doors. Suddenly, my ex's truck wheeled up, he leaped from the car and embraced me. From there it was rather mushy as he apologized for being such an asshole as of late and that he would never do it again.

Today, he called and apologized for being such an asshole "and wanted to redeem himself". Huh. Usually I just dream about people kicking the bucket.

Pathetic, right?!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eagles symbolize freedom. They were flying towards your balcony to seek shelter in your abode, but you shut the door on freedom. This indicates that you will become a savage dictator and the people of your country will hide from you in waste baskets.

ROFL! :) Thanks for the smile!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Teeth fell out, obviously means frustration (mostly from my mother and me fighting about the electric bill).
And then one of my arms was an extremely paleish white, while the other one was a very pretty tan...and my body was split the same way right in half. Then I had dreams about waterbending. :laugh:

I wonder if the skin thing has any significant meaning...